Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

mk1971

Oh, I'm almost forgot the people paying the bill. Is any new clue about who'd be the sponsor?

I would bet JBS and Havaianas being the main sponsors. JBS is the largest meet producer in the world, so they could easily have a Steakhouse.

Havaianas has been a partner of Disney for years - they were one of the sponsors of D23 Expo 2017, they have a store in Disney Springs and its flip flops are sold at Epcot.

Fun fact: JBS bought Alpargatas (the company that owns Havaianas) in 2015 and sold it in 2017. In 2017, when we had strong rumors of the pavillion being announced at D23 Expo 2017 the oweners of JBS were involved in a huge corruption scandal in Brazil and then sold Alpargatas.

My theory is that Disney pulled the announcement because of this scandal. At the time, @marni1971 said that "there was a legal mambo-jambo" and that's why the announcement didn't happen.

Then, in July 2017 JBS announced that they would sell Alpargatas. The sale was finalized in Semptember 2017.

I believe this sale has to do with the deal with Disney. Disney wouldn't want to partner with companies involved in a corruption scandal and maybe demanded that Havaianas wouldn't be related to JBS owners for the pavillion to happen.

durangojim

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kim Jung Un will be present for opening in historic first visit to US along with Dennis Rodman.</p>&mdash; Durango Jim (@RealDurangoJim) <a href="">June 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shameless self promotion ;)

Last edited:

trainplane3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kim Jung Un will be present for opening in historic first visit to US along with Dennis Rodman.</p>&mdash; Durango Jim (@RealDurangoJim) <a href="">June 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I heard the IP will be a new Pixar movie featuring Nukie, the friendliest nuke who only wants to take over the world with peace, love, and mass destruction. Obviously he'll be featured on the new ride that'll be sure to blow your expectations out of the upper stratosphere.

Insiders on here can easily confirm this. It's about to leak all over the internet anyways.

smile

only if we then consider respecting the independence of the lotus blossom cafe and good fortune gifts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom