Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Naplesgolfer

So you're telling me that 40-50% are one time visitors and the rest are international travelers? I find that highly suspect.
Do to ever changing demographics " 40-50%" would have better phrased as "a large portion are 1-3 times in their lives visitors." All over the world includes all over the USA too. I salient fact being that the many guests are from longer distances , thus are unable to come on a whim, unlike Disneyland and Tokyo Disney.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ride =/= Attraction

The rundown of the rumor list @marni1971 semi-confirmed said “maybe a show,” so there’s still the possibility of an attraction.
Last I heard was no attraction still. Given the budget I hope that’s wrong but until the mentality of festivals, drinking and eating passing as attractions changes I’m not holding my breath.

There are proposals for one, but other circumstances may negate / delay / change the plan.

MaryJaneP

Does this mean the next princess and/or movie is based upon Brazil? It seems as though every move WDW makes HAS to have an IP tie-in.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Do to ever changing demographics " 40-50%" would have better phrased as "a large portion are 1-3 times in their lives visitors." All over the world includes all over the USA too. I salient fact being that the many guests are from longer distances , thus are unable to come on a whim, unlike Disneyland and Tokyo Disney.

Ok, 1-3 makes sense. It's kind of what I observe from my own experience. You have a group that are WDW hardcore fans (DVC, people who go multiple times a year), fans who can make it often but not on a whim (once annually or once every couple of years - I'm in that category as are some of my friends), people who go a few times in the course of raising kids - probably 2-3 times (most people I know probably fall into this category), and then you have the one and done crowd. I'd be interested in seeing an actual breakdown of the above. I know very few people in the one and done crowd, many in the 2-3 times crowd, a bunch in the every year or couple of years crowd, and a few in the all the time crowd. If I had to base it on my personal.exoerience (anecdotal to be sure, and by no means scientific) I'd put it as:

1 and done: 20%
A few times: 40%
At least every few years: 30%
All the time: 10%

Rough guesses on my part, and based on a small sample size of people I interact with in the greater Boston area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you're telling me that 40-50% are one time visitors and the rest are international travelers? I find that highly suspect.
Sorry...I musta misread that.

Hell no.

International never accounts for more than about 15% at any given time.

Majority is American and always will be. And the “core” audience that Eisner designed around was 30-40% regular, repeat customers. It’s what DVC was designed around.

That is not the same thing today

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I tell you why I’m STARTING to believe this...

Because it’s depressing. We all have wanted new countries for decades...no doubt.

But it’s such low hanging fruit not fit of WDI. No attractions...too much food and bev...and so dumbed down - “hey! We get a lot of Brazil tour groups! Let’s get Brazil! Get somebody down there and get a sucker company to commit! that will get everyone off our backs for 20 years and we can IP everything else!!”

It’s almost too perfect...and not Disney enough
Black. No sugar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Black. No sugar.

I just hope you don’t see any of this:

aladdin2007

Last I heard was no attraction still. Given the budget I hope that’s wrong but until the mentality of festivals, drinking and eating passing as attractions changes I’m not holding my breath.

There are proposals for one, but other circumstances may negate / delay / change the plan.

Is it possible it could still open the pavilion without an attraction as a phase 1 type thing but be designed so one could still be added later? Although we all know how that ends up going. If they dont do it from the getgo they probably never will, but just wondered if there is a version of that direction discussed.

update-- never mind I recall now we already went over that kind of quite a few pages back :)

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

You should see it before winter. As things stand - as always.
I'll believe that this project is happening when we actually see work happening for it. That's not to mean any disrespect towards you or other insiders, it's just been 30 years since a pavilion opened at Epcot and we've been talking about this one for years. I also recently stumbled upon a post from January 5th, 2018 that said construction was supposed to start later on in that year, so forgive me if i'm a bit cynical that Disney will pull the trigger on this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it possible it could still open the pavilion without an attraction as a phase 1 type thing but be designed so one could still be added later? Although we all know how that ends up going. If they dont do it from the getgo they probably never will, but just wondered if there is a version of that direction discussed.

update-- never mind I recall now we already went over that kind of quite a few pages back :)

You found the answer to your question...second sentence

trainplane3

I'll believe that this project is happening when we actually see work happening for it. That's not to mean any disrespect towards you or other insiders, it's just been 30 years since a pavilion opened at Epcot and we've been talking about this one for years. I also recently stumbled upon a post from January 5th, 2018 that said construction was supposed to start later on in that year, so forgive me if i'm a bit cynical that Disney will pull the trigger on this.
To go back a bit further, it was supposed to be announced at D23 2017. Martin said something about red tape not being cleared and the announcement was pulled. Apparently it was pulled a day (or less) before the Parks panel too.

Next Big Thing

I’m not sure what you mean by that. It was exactly what was claimed. Same with Rat winning out over BatB for France, which was a decision that happened relatively close to D23.
Rat winning out over BatB happened many months prior to D23. It was about March 2017 I remember people like @marni1971 saying that they finally chose to do Ratatouille.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom