Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

ToTBellHop

With the purchase of Fox, Disney could use the characters from Rio in the Brazil pavillion.

20640242.jpg

Rio-the-movie.jpg
There's no need for Rio in a couple restaurants and shopping...unless it's a puppet show out front.

Epcot_Imagineer

In reference to the question about Rio, there is another thread about this and it was stated that Rio characters were not coming to an attraction, as there is no attraction planned.

There is currently no attraction.

That isn't to say they couldn't place Rio characters around, but if any IP were to be considered I would bet more heavily on Kevin from Up, and others from Up, as I believe "Paradise Falls" was placed in South America/Brazil.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

NiarrNDisney

I know this has been discussed before

Just a few times: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rio-in-epcot.829213/#post-4819044

And in: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...zilian-people-nor-a-country-wish-list.944806/
Are we allowed to discuss waxing? :)

Regarding architecture, as much as I like the Brasilia take on modernist architecture, I worry that scale and cost will drive them to something more traditional. But I think Portuguese Colonial will be fine.
View attachment 293924

I wonder if they'd try to revive the Rio IP with a sequel or tv treatment and leverage it in a pavilion attraction? Or the opposite. To me, the character IP exceeds the quality of the latest movie so it may be one of those weird IP situations where parks could help the pictures arm.

I'd actually be more interested in some kind of eco-tourism attraction or exhibit featuring the Amazon. I think another Circlevision would be repetitive but I'm not creative enough to come up with something more original.

For restaurants I'd love to see a churrascaria or petisco.
Rio is not a Disney IP
Whose IP is it? I thought it was 21st Century Fox, but I don't know about the specifics of the Rio IP.

And many other posts and threads not listed

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

Thx for all the references from before I joined this forum -- I particularly like the 2011 one. ;) Yup... like EVERY OTHER TOPIC ON THESE BOARDS, it has been discussed before - very few posts with new info. At least I kept it to two short sentences! :) And btw, not sure the point of the links explaining that Rio isn't Disney IP -- clear from my post that I knew that -- I was saying it doesn't measure up as it isn't Disney IP, and shouldn't be in parks -- just shared my opinion on that.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Thx for all the references from before I joined this forum -- I particularly like the 2011 one. ;) Yup... like EVERY OTHER TOPIC ON THESE BOARDS, it has been discussed before - very few posts with new info. At least I kept it to two short sentences! :) And btw, not sure the point of the links explaining that Rio isn't Disney IP -- clear from my post that I knew that -- I was saying it doesn't measure up as it isn't Disney IP, and shouldn't be in parks -- just shared my opinion on that.

Don't get it twisted there's no shade at all. Just multi quoted the first few posts found in those threads. The post from back in 2011 I actually started after looking at a satellite map that listed the area known as the Outpost as Rio (don't think it shows up in the links anymore) and was inquiring why the map would list that since at the time there weren't any rumours of a future Pavilion or attraction. I find it funny how years later it has sprung up again and is being discussed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't get it twisted there's no shade at all. Just multi quoted the first few posts found in those threads. The post from back in 2011 I actually started after looking at a satellite map that listed the area known as the Outpost as Rio (don't think it shows up in the links anymore) and was inquiring why the map would list that since at the time there weren't any rumours of a future Pavilion or attraction. I find it funny how years later it has sprung up again and is being discussed.
Was it a map with labels editable by anyone?

WowFactor

Two years and counting...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom