Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

brb1006

Time will tell

;)
giphy.gif

WDWTank

I’ll play the guessing game...

Whistling...
What song comes to mind...

“Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!
Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder...”

Bluebird? What movies have a bluebird?
IP wise... hmmm... let’s see... oh I know!
The hit series from the recent, soon to be finalized acquisition of Fox...

RIO
The Birds featured in that movie are now extinct... :(

DonaldDoleWhip

Brazil, India, Spain–I'm just so excited for one of these to happen (and hopefully 2). Let's get that confirmation for Brazil this year!

Also, as someone who's been actively visiting the real countries of World Showcase–UK, Italy, Japan, China, and Morocco in the last 12 months–would be thrilled to have another country I need to visit ;)

Princess Leia

Brazil, India, Spain–I'm just so excited for one of these to happen (and hopefully 2). Let's get that confirmation for Brazil this year!

Also, as someone who's been actively visiting the real countries of World Showcase–UK, Italy, Japan, China, and Morocco in the last 12 months–would be thrilled to have another country I need to visit ;)

View attachment 348887
Gorgeous photos!

DonaldDoleWhip

Gorgeous photos!
Thank you! Have to say there’s something particularly exhilarating about seeing a World Showcase icon in real life (which means, despite some apprehension, I owe Mainland China a return visit for the Temple of Heaven).

That’s the power of World Showcase: it can inspire real (and meaningful) journeys + connections. Any new representation that gets added over time will be welcome—especially after a gap of 30+ years.

Princess Leia

Thank you! Have to say there’s something particularly exhilarating about seeing a World Showcase icon in real life (which means, despite some apprehension, I owe Mainland China a return visit for the Temple of Heaven).

That’s the power of World Showcase: it can inspire real (and meaningful) journeys + connections. Any new representation that gets added over time will be welcome—especially after a gap of 30+ years.
I can only say I’ve been to 4 of the pavilion countries (the photos you posted are almost all bucket list countries for me; I’ve been fortunate to go to the UK twice), but I think my fondness for Canada is what makes me want to see that pavilion be better.

The World Showcase helped grow my interest in international culture. My family was always ready to leave Future World at 11 to travel the WS. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit some countries before (funnily enough, almost all of them are Showcase pavilions), but next week, my sister and I are traveling to Europe together to check out some non WS pavilion countries.

Adding a country from South America would be a great opportunity to teach more about the world, and spark an interest for future travelers.

DonaldDoleWhip

I can only say I’ve been to 4 of the pavilion countries (the photos you posted are almost all bucket list countries for me; I’ve been fortunate to go to the UK twice), but I think my fondness for Canada is what makes me want to see that pavilion be better.

The World Showcase helped grow my interest in international culture. My family was always ready to leave Future World at 11 to travel the WS. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit some countries before (funnily enough, almost all of them are Showcase pavilions), but next week, my sister and I are traveling to Europe together to check out some non WS pavilion countries.

Adding a country from South America would be a great opportunity to teach more about the world, and spark an interest for future travelers.
Can completely relate to this. At one point, Future World was a favorite of mine (more for its atmosphere and optimism than any particular experience), but we always had a better time strolling around World Showcase. Meals in Canada, the UK, France, Morocco, and Japan are some of my favorite Epcot memories, as well as the Tapestry of Nations and IllumiNations, of course.

I’ve always had a travel bug myself; was born in London to British-Iraqi and South African parents, but left at a young age for suburban (and relatively boring) New York. My grandparents lived in Provence, France until last year (as well as South Africa on my mom’s side), inspiring an interest in the cultures of those nations. WS helped fuel that even more, and the triumphant, unifying music of IllumiNations can still make me tear up. What a loss for Epcot in 2019; I just hope its spirit can be maintained.

Once Animal Kingdom opened, it quietly took the mantle from World Showcase in terms of real world representation. In fact, Africa and Asia are my two favorite themed lands anywhere (and I’ve been to all the Disney parks + the Wizarding World). They’re largely why AK is my favorite park, even above TDS.

Back to Epcot: unlike Future World (which is currently something of a question mark), World Showcase remains true to its mission despite the addition of characters and IP. It’s still a place to try new foods, discover memorable architecture, and interact with people from around the world. Whether it includes a ride or not, any new country (and an entire new continent represented) would be a fantastic win for World Showcase, Epcot, and WDW at large.

By the way, have a great time in Europe!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can confirm it. 450 million dollar price tag with Brazil picking up 250 of that.

I also can confirm that CoCo will be entering Mexico. Looks to be a 75 million price tag on that.

I’m going to walk away now...

Cause I know that this wasn’t reborn because of THIS^^^^^ out of the ether and jim hill?

That’s not possible, is it??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I think this was the original design...but I think it’s so limited to put financial resources into this now...both from Disney and the private companies that funded them back then.

Epcot was not an easy sell in the pre-information age. Now where’s The zing to pay Disney to run it?
The model is very much broken. As shown by nothing for decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom