Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

BrianLo

the other thread is saying this is for the new night show based on permits. so Im wondering (martin, or anyone else) does that mean we will not see new pavilions/attractions in this area in the future? These were the largest expansion pads left so to speak.

We managed to get to the bottom of this a couple weeks back. Martin mentioned that they were on reserve so to speak. I had asked a very similar question if it was beyond fireworks and managed to push a soft confirmation that the reservation was for India and the SDL boat tech.

What's curious though is that there is now movement of some sort, given that exchange. It could still be fireworks related even if the 'reservation' still stands.

Edit: I think from what I gather the India Pavilion *if* it happens would be a few years out, but they will still use the Africa site temporarily for the year long Figment-based night show. I think this is being done so they can build lagoon infrastructure for the eventual full replacement. A drone launch site seems like an interesting possibility if Pyro will screw with their ability to create lagoon infrastructure for the eventual final product.

Last edited:

jt04

We managed to get to the bottom of this a couple weeks back. Martin mentioned that they were on reserve so to speak. I had asked a very similar question if it was beyond fireworks and managed to push a soft confirmation that the reservation was for India and the SDL boat tech.

What's curious though is that there is now movement of some sort, given that exchange. It could still be fireworks related even if the 'reservation' still stands.

Edit: I think from what I gather the India Pavilion *if* it happens would be a few years out, but they will still use the Africa site temporarily for the year long Figment-based night show. I think this is being done so they can build lagoon infrastructure for the eventual full replacement. A drone launch site seems like an interesting possibility if Pyro will screw with their ability to create lagoon infrastructure for the eventual final product.

Exactly.

very interesting also that Marty only had 1 post yesterday and it had nothing to do with projects. He is hiding from us. 🙈🙉🙊

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I haven't kept up with this thread, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. But new aerials from Bioreconstruct show something happening behind Africa in WS.
the other thread is saying this is for the new night show based on permits. so Im wondering (martin, or anyone else) does that mean we will not see new pavilions/attractions in this area in the future? These were the largest expansion pads left so to speak.
I don’t believe this is for anything long term.

Exactly.

very interesting also that Marty only had 1 post yesterday and it had nothing to do with projects. He is hiding from us. 🙈🙉🙊
You’ve changed your avatar. Didn’t recognise you!

SDL ride system is currently not now coming to Orlando sadly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Here is the permit I found in August. Africa is 1640 Avenue of the Stars so this puts it near by., The contractor and the strange expiration date of 12/21/2026 appear on other permits that are probably connected to the night time show project. The "Grade Yard, install retention wall and fire lane access" part is probably what we are seeing in the aerials. It's possible that this work is only temporary while construction is going on.

8/10/2018 - Epcot - Balfour Beatty Construction Llc
1650 Avenue of the Stars (Marina) - Improve mooring w/ addtl. data; Grade yard; Install retention wall and fire lane access

jt04

I don’t believe this is for anything long term.

You’ve changed your avatar. Didn’t recognise you!

SDL ride system is currently not now coming to Orlando sadly.

DIS was the best performer on DJIA this week. They are awash in money. We need a Fox/Mouse parody logo.

Kman101

It's not like the boat system can't be revisted later. Look how long it took us to get the new and fancy (decades old) lps trackless dark ride (and yes I know GMR and Energy; they're different). Oh, we're still waiting ;) (just another year to go for two to open within likely months of each other)

So maybe in a few decades when we're all too old they'll build it here.

Stripes

It's not like the boat system can't be revisted later. Look how long it took us to get the new and fancy (decades old) lps trackless dark ride (and yes I know GMR and Energy; they're different). Oh, we're still waiting ;) (just another year to go for two to open within likely months of each other)

So maybe in a few decades when we're all too old they'll build it here.
Yep. If there's one thing I've learned about Disney since joining the forums, it's that they constantly flip-flop on virtually everything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From two parks battling for it to no one getting it. Reminds me of a family where two kids are squabbling and the parent gets annoyed and says no one gets it.

I hate it when a real fight between parks doesn’t develop...I prefer knives or swords 🙄
Yep. If there's one thing I've learned about Disney since joining the forums, it's that they constantly flip-flop on virtually everything.

Are you sure you learned the right thing? 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom