Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Lensman

What are the criteria for new World Showcase pavilions? Is it just willingness to sponsor or does a country have to have certain qualities? Do they want to avoid countries too similar with the ones they already have? Do they have to be a certain size?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
What are the criteria for new World Showcase pavilions? Is it just willingness to sponsor or does a country have to have certain qualities? Do they want to avoid countries too similar with the ones they already have? Do they have to be a certain size?

1. Someone other than Disney has to pay for it (i.e., sponsor it).
2. ??
3. Profit!!

kong1802

Out of all the rumors out there, I'm still the most skeptical of this one.

I just don't see #1 why any entity is going to spend the money to build out a new pavilion #2 How having a new pavilion gives WDW the rate of return they want

I think #2 is what killed the MK theater.

I agree with the above posters that adding in IP rides is the future. They increase ticket sales.

Rodan75

I just don't see #1 why any entity is going to spend the money to build out a new pavilion #2 How having a new pavilion gives WDW the rate of return they want

I agree with the above posters that adding in IP rides is the future. They increase ticket sales.

Brazil is one that I could see happening. There is a desire for Brazil to be accepted as an emerging economic and culture presence in the world, the Olympics were a little embarrassing and may have not been the boon for tourism that they hoped for, so I could see their business community doing this.

But for countries that are already seen as established in the world order, like Spain, I don't see it happening. If Disney does get Fox, I could see them using Star India to sponsor one.

I've been a little surprised that they don't try harder to leverage Adventures by Disney in the WS, feels like it would be a good angle for advertising.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

...i can’t even fathom where that skepticism is coming from....

It’s not like this rumor hasnt resurfaced in similarly fashion every 6 months since Bush I...

I hear the code name is “operation Phoenix”🔥

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This is where @marni1971 explains what’s changed on this front...because the dynamics must be different. In non-ambiguous, slightly committal terms , S’il vous plait?

🤓

Spash007

If it wasn't for the insiders saying there are more countries in the pipeline, my hopes would be completely gone since Disney is using the expansion plots to expand current countries rather than build new ones: Frozen M&G, Rat ride, and it looks like the new Japanese restaurant although I could be mistaken.

brb1006

Why use Rio when they can use Disney’s 75 year old Brazilian mascot, who’s still popular in the country, and fairly well known here? Throw in the second most popular Disney character to represent us, the Brazilian outsiders, and give us a romanticized tour of the country filled with music and breathtaking sights. I couldn’t imagine a better attraction for the pavilion than that.
I'm surprised Brazilian tour groups weren't creating a long line for a Jose meet and greet.

brb1006

This may mean nothing at all but I recently stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms at Coronado Springs and The Three Cabelleros were prominently featured on all the art in the room and were the trading pins we received. Does that mean they are sticking around in the parks for a good long while? I dunno.
Not to mention they have their own Christmas Show at DCA.

brb1006

The 3 Cabelleros have always kinda been symbols for CSR. There used to be topiaries outside on the patio greeting you as you walked into El Centro and the gift store has always been named Panchitos.
I just want to mention that I love that the Mouse also has a sculpture of Burrito in Panchitos, he's a rare character but such a cute one and frankly deserves a little merch! I would love a pin of him.
Any photos of those topiaries.

montyz81

I don’t care what countries they bring to World Showcase so long as all of them have attractions (shows, rides, whatever). In the era of affordable, to an extent, travel it’s not necessary to have encyclopedia pavilions where all one has is an exhibit and that’s it.
I am hoping you mean Edutainment rides vs IPtainment rides. The dumbing down of Epcot has to stop at some point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom