Braving the crowds of Christmas week?

BryceM

Original Poster
My dad and I are taking a trip up to Islands of Adventure and he's planned for next week since he's off (I know, I was just at Universal Orlando a month ago, hehe). He's never been to Islands of Adventure and has wanted to go ever since I showed him The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk Coaster. However, I'm a bit skeptical about going during the week of Christmas and I even looked at the Orlando Informer's Crowd Calendar and it's supposed to be very busy all week

So has anyone been during Christmas week? Particularly Islands of Adventure. Is it shoulder to shoulder walking? 2 hour waits for each ride? Thanks!

EDIT: Should we go the Sunday before Christmas or Christmas Eve, which is a Monday? Or after Christmas?

Chartley83

I just got back from IOA/UO. We were there from 22-25. The crowds were pretty bad - We waited for over 3 hours for FJ on the 24th due to a ride malfunction. I will be springing for an onsite hotel or express pass the next time I go.

BryceM

Original Poster
I just got back from IOA/UO. We were there from 22-25. The crowds were pretty bad - We waited for over 3 hours for FJ on the 24th due to a ride malfunction. I will be springing for an onsite hotel or express pass the next time I go.
I was in that line too! We left after the 4th or 5th announcement when they said "but you can choose to enjoy any of the other attractions here at Universal's Islands of Adventure". We were behind the show building when we left. I wish we hit it earlier, because it was the only major ride (besides Popeye) that we didn't do that day. My dad had never done it before and it's just an amazing attraction.

Oh well. Incentive to go again soon...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom