Brand new restaurant?

inluvwithbeast

Original Poster
So, I was thinking about all of the dining options I have at WDW and what I thought they could add. And it hit me...

Fondue!!

I recently have discovered fondue and am absolutely in love with it. I think a fondue restaurant could easily offer traditional fondue as well as Americanized fondue (cheddar cheese as opposed to the strong Swiss cheese etc). It's fun and a unique dining experience. The only problem? Where would you put such a place? Too bad there is no Switzerland in WS or that would be a no-brainer of course. There might already be such a restaurant in existence. None of the hotels really would be a good fit either. Too bad.

This leads me to a question: If you could put a new restaurant in the World, what would it be? And where?

HouCuseChickie

You'd have to leave Disney, but I believe there is a Melting Pot in Orlando... somewhere. Just like my thoughts on them adding a Brazilian Steakhouse :slurp:- i.e. it can be found in Orlando, just not on Disney property.

inluvwithbeast

Original Poster
You'd have to leave Disney, but I believe there is a Melting Pot in Orlando... somewhere. Just like my thoughts on them adding a Brazilian Steakhouse :slurp:- i.e. it can be found in Orlando, just not on Disney property.

Yeah, we have a Melting Pot here in OKC. I would love to see Disney do it. Brazilian steakhouse too! I didn't think about that one. I did think that there doesn't seem to be any place to get pho (vietnamese noodle dish) or korean barbecue. And what about Indian food? Curry anyone?

HouCuseChickie

Yeah, we have a Melting Pot here in OKC. I would love to see Disney do it. Brazilian steakhouse too! I didn't think about that one. I did think that there doesn't seem to be any place to get pho (vietnamese noodle dish) or korean barbecue. And what about Indian food? Curry anyone?

I can skip the curry (can't go near it after I was pregnant w/DD4), but pho would be AWESOME! :slurp:

zurgandfriend

I'm not a big fan of curry and after 2 tours in southeast asia you can keep the Pho as well.

A Brazilian steakhouse would be a welcome addition. It's been discussed before but perhaps they would add one if they ever add Brazil to the World Showcase.

Phonedave

Yak & Yeti has pho on the menu - when I had it, it was more like feh.

Korean BBQ would be a great eithnic food. Not sure where you would put it, but it would be great. Of course I live in Korean BBQ central.

Curry depends on the curry, there are a bunch of different ones.

-dave

inluvwithbeast

Original Poster
Yak & Yeti has pho on the menu - when I had it, it was more like feh.

I thought Yak & Yeti had pho on the menu, but when I went to look I didn't see it. Good to know how you felt about it. What made it "feh" in your opinion?

My bf loves pho. I couldn't care less for the stuff, but I've only had it once. There is a significant Vietnamese population here in OKC so you can't turn around without running into a Mom and Pop pho restaurant tucked into a shopping center with a cheesy name like "PHO'nomenal." I will say that I saw the Vietnam episode of Bizarre Foods, and the pho the host ate on the show looked a little sketchy to me...

A Brazilian steakhouse would fill a niche I think. With all the restaurants that there are on property, there isn't one that represents Central or South American cuisine.

SOLISIMO

The problem with fondu, is that it takes too long to eat. Disney wants something more of a quick turn around to get more people seated to spend more money

inluvwithbeast

Original Poster
The problem with fondu, is that it takes too long to eat. Disney wants something more of a quick turn around to get more people seated to spend more money

Meh, didn't think of that. Well it's not like they have any place to put one either. Mainly just blue sky dreaming. Oh well.

inluvwithbeast

Original Poster
Thats just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt:ROFLOL:

Haha, I know. But there is some truth to it. With ADR's and everything these days...

I know that normally my bf and I eat in about 45 minutes. When we go to a fondue place, it takes us 2 hours. It's a good conversation meal and a fun dining experience, but I can see it being a headache.

JillC LI

I adore fondue and would love to see it at Diney, but I can see the time problem. Perhaps a restaurant that just has a chocolate fondue option for dessert?

njDizFan

Love a good fondue restaurant. Not sure sure if Melting Pot qualifies, but I have definately been know to dine there from time to time.

I know France already has 2 TS restaurants but that would be the place to put it. A nice fondue/cheese/charcuterie would be awesome.

Similar to Artisinal. http://www.artisanalbistro.com/

Phonedave

I thought Yak & Yeti had pho on the menu, but when I went to look I didn't see it. Good to know how you felt about it. What made it "feh" in your opinion?

My bf loves pho. I couldn't care less for the stuff, but I've only had it once. There is a significant Vietnamese population here in OKC so you can't turn around without running into a Mom and Pop pho restaurant tucked into a shopping center with a cheesy name like "PHO'nomenal." I will say that I saw the Vietnam episode of Bizarre Foods, and the pho the host ate on the show looked a little sketchy to me...

A Brazilian steakhouse would fill a niche I think. With all the restaurants that there are on property, there isn't one that represents Central or South American cuisine.

It's still on there

Pho - Lemon grass-scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, and traditional Vietnamese garnishes. - $17.99

First of all, aside from the insane price, it was very bland. Not delicate, but bland. Basicly tasteless. I am also not the master of all things noodle, but I would swear that they had the wrong noodles in it. More like a mei fun (I think).

Now that I do some more looking, it seems it is on some menus and off of others. I don't know if they have it or not. I had it when I ate there maybe 3 weeks after it opened.

-dave

HouCuseChickie

I thought of something else I'd like to see at Disney- a good Kosher deli. I could see it in a few places, but I could really see it at DHS...maybe even offer both TS and CS options. Hey if Carnegie Deli could branch off from its Manhattan roots and establish a location at the Mirage in Vegas- they surely could find a way to work at WDW.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Some places I'd like to see added:

-a place to get a really great burger

-bahn mi

-a fresh, seasonal and healthy quick casual(ish) place- ala Seasons 52

KSwart

Haha, I know. But there is some truth to it. With ADR's and everything these days...

I know that normally my bf and I eat in about 45 minutes. When we go to a fondue place, it takes us 2 hours. It's a good conversation meal and a fun dining experience, but I can see it being a headache.

Have to agree it just takes soooooo long :( It is great for a leisurely relaxing day, not for Disney :)

JillC LI

Someone has one. I wan't to say it's a chain, maybe T-REX

-dave

Does it? I would like to try T-Rex sometime, but we always get the dining plan so we haven't gone to T-Rex yet since isn't on the plan. This might be another good reason to try it though. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom