Boulder Ridge refurb underway - Aug 16th

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to a report on the DIS forum, the refurb started this morning on the 5th floor.

Not seen it reported as news yet anywhere.

Paging @helenabear , @LAKid53

It's about bloody time. Hoping they'll be replacing that pullout sofa with the murphy bed as they've done at other resorts. Just don't put a bed in the TV console.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
About darn time! Given the harder than usual availability I do believe this should be true!

Just realized we've heard nothing on BCV refresh either 😐
And I don’t think there have even been permits yet for BCV. At least for BRV we knew it could potentially start around now.

correcaminos

And I don’t think there have even been permits yet for BCV. At least for BRV we knew it could potentially start around now.
Yep! It was just one of those "huh" moments for me today. It was on the schedule but it has only been 6 years so I wonder if 2022 for that meant like Dec 2022 or if supplies also delayed some.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Amen amen amen! We've put off BRV as the last WDW DVC to stay because we joined the chorus expecting it to happen "soon" and that's been a long time.

Many resorts are coming up as "due" between now and end of 2023. Full refurbs at all AKL, BLT, Boardwalk, and Saratoga tree houses. And also the mentioned Beach Club refresh. That seems like a lot so I'm not expecting it all to happen by the end of 2023, and if something gives I hope they prioritize full refurbs over refreshes (sorry!).

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Any update on this? Is it really happening? We already have March reservations, so hoping that they are all done, or we at least get a refurbished room.

@wdwmagic any word from your side?

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

FWIW, this was posted to the DISboards a year ago - described as a glimpse of a BRV 1-BR test room (rather, test villa). Whether this is what they went with remains to be seen.

Looks very 1950s-idea-of-Western to me, which is an aesthetic I dig. And of course, a Murphy/sofa is always a welcome substitute for a foldout sofa.

693022-0611b79819e6ff79a0b1408b65dbeaba.jpg

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Any update on this? Is it really happening? We already have March reservations, so hoping that they are all done, or we at least get a refurbished room.

The DIS forum have almost daily updates on it. 4th & 5th floors have plastic down on hall carpets and reports of old furniture being removed.

Club Cooloholic

It's about bloody time. Hoping they'll be replacing that pullout sofa with the murphy bed as they've done at other resorts. Just don't put a bed in the TV console.
I find that TV murphy pretty useful, what is your issue?

Yup, people and their darn opinions on a forum. They should love it all. Given how Genie has been recived both before it was launched and since the powers that be don't care much what we think.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I find that TV murphy pretty useful, what is your issue?

Yup, people and their darn opinions on a forum. They should love it all. Given how Genie has been recived both before it was launched and since the powers that be don't care much what we think.
The Murphy bed under the TV removes storage space.

At SSR for example, there is one solitary storage cube in the whole living room. Yet there are three sleeping spaces in the room. No closet, no drawers, nada. Where are people expected to put their clothes?

Club Cooloholic

The Murphy bed under the TV removes storage space.

At SSR for example, there is one solitary storage cube in the whole living room. Yet there are three sleeping spaces in the room. No closet, no drawers, nada. Where are people expected to put their clothes?
I actually just use the closets and then the actual luggage I bring, many hotels I stay in are like this, though I can see how it gets away from the home away from home concept. I guess I prefer the functionality of being able to sleep another kid over storage space(we never even use that space in the coffee), but I can see your point of view.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I actually just use the closets and then the actual luggage I bring, many hotels I stay in are like this, though I can see how it gets away from the home away from home concept. I guess I prefer the functionality of being able to sleep another kid over storage space(we never even use that space in the coffee), but I can see your point of view.
The closets are in the master suite though. We book 1 beds so our adult kids sleep in the living room. I don’t want them coming into our room to get their clothes. The whole point of DVC was to have privacy. Otherwise we might as well be in one room.

Club Cooloholic

The closets are in the master suite though. We book 1 beds so our adult kids sleep in the living room. I don’t want them coming into our room to get their clothes. The whole point of DVC was to have privacy. Otherwise we might as well be in one room.
I think that's an exaggeration. As it stands now it's what, one couch? So the kids have to share a bed. Which mine will not do so we end up with no privacy lol. Make them live out of their suitcases for a few days. I mean adult kids like to hang up cloths do they don't wrinkle anyway so they are using those closets no matter what.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think that's an exaggeration. As it stands now it's what, one couch? So the kids have to share a bed. Which mine will not do so we end up with no privacy lol. Make them live out of their suitcases for a few days. I mean adult kids like to hang up cloths do they don't wrinkle anyway so they are using those closets no matter what.
What’s an exaggeration? My reasons for buying DVC?? Or the lack of storage? I really don’t want the kids coming in when we are sleeping. If you don’t mind that, then great.

SSR added the Murphy bed, so we considered booking a 1-bed. But then friends confirmed there was no storage.

We like to have a living room where we can actually sit and relax, not have clothes strewn all over the place and suitcases stuffed in the corner. At Bay Lake, OKW and Kidani, where they have the sleeper chair, there is drawer and closet space for clothes in the living room / hall area. Even at places like BCV where one quite happily slept on an air bed, there is storage space. At Riviera they built in storage space.

There isn’t even a hall closet at SSR. They missed a trick with the refurb. IMO.

Club Cooloholic

What’s an exaggeration? My reasons for buying DVC?? Or the lack of storage? I really don’t want the kids coming in when we are sleeping. If you don’t mind that, then great.

SSR added the Murphy bed, so we considered booking a 1-bed. But then friends confirmed there was no storage.

We like to have a living room where we can actually sit and relax, not have clothes strewn all over the place and suitcases stuffed in the corner. At Bay Lake, OKW and Kidani, where they have the sleeper chair, there is drawer and closet space for clothes in the living room / hall area. Even at places like BCV where one quite happily slept on an air bed, there is storage space. At Riviera they built in storage space.

There isn’t even a hall closet at SSR. They missed a trick with the refurb. IMO.
I am saying its an exaggeration to say having a one bedroom in SSR is the same as having a studio is all. It's not that bad. But we are at different points, so I can see where the TV muphy is not as useful in the future, but I am sure there are some who would rather have a more comfortable couch than a fold out, can't please everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom