Both parks in one day?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thank you. We would be there at the end of May. It would be very cool to finally fit in an overseas park, even if it's just for a day. I don't feel any pressure to try and do it all, just want to soak in the ambience, experience the differences, etc.

I would also plan for a weekday, in hopes it won't be as crazy?
Weekday would be better. Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday best. UK schools are on holiday the week of May 29 from what I can see French schools are not.

I also forgot (how?!) Disney Dreams! will be playing again in May. The best regular night show DLP has had. It’d be a shame if you didn’t see that albeit it makes it a full on and long day. Put it this way, we booked another trip later this year when we heard it was back.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
One full day in just Disneyland and you’d get a feel for it. Day guests enter at 930, fireworks at the scheduled closing time. Check the official app for times and parade times (Dream and Shine 30th parade plus Stars on Parade)

The big ones for a US vet would be Phantom Manor, BTM, PotC, IASW (end of May), maybe Pan, maybe Storybook Land, and Space Mountain (with inversions). If you have time I strongly advise exploring Adventure Isle, the Nautilus (from April 2), the castle dungeon (dragon) and upper balcony level and as many shops as you. The design and details are exquisite. You could spend half a day just on Main Street (don’t forget the arcades and the Liberty diorama). Railroad would be a bonus too as would the Molly Brown. Take a walk around Fantasyland too.

IMHO
Basically, if you're on this website then Disneyland Paris is worth a day out of your trip for sure.

I wouldn't bother Park Hopping - Parc Disneyland is itself a feast.

Keep an eye on the park hours because they tend to be more limited than they are stateside, and keep an eye on the hours for the restaurants as well. DLP has a strange habit of closing restaurants just as you get hungry.

Otherwise I would co-sign Martin's list, but with some extra emphasis on exploring the Castle and its Dragon in the Dungeon. The Castle Interior is much more elaborate than at DL or WDW, and the balcony above and dungeon below make it an attraction in its own right. The outside balcony offers great views of Fantasyland as well, which are harder to come by in the other parks.

Each land at DLP has at least one Walkthrough Attraction that are beautiful ways to spend a few minutes if lines get long, and some are hidden in plain sight. The Fort at the entrance to Frontierland is worth a loop, the Echanted Passage of Aladdin is tucked away in the Adventureland entrance, Adventure Isle's caverns with Skull Rock are worth a look. Fantasyland has the Castle upstairs and dungeon that apply, and Alice's Curious Labyrinth (which is challenging enough to be fun but not so much that you'll get fully lost). And then the Nautilus Submarine walkthrough in Discoveryland, if it's open. The Castle ones are the most essential, but I wanted to point these out since they can be easily overlooked if you don't know they're there.

Disneyland Paris absolutely has ambiance to spare and it should be enjoyed. One of the great gifts of the park is its proximity to Paris - everything in the park is designed to be elaborate enough to compete with a world-class city, even down to the materials used in construction. You won't find faux-Slate roofs on Main Street the way you will in Orlando - here they're the real deal and the difference is palpable. DLP is probably the last Castle Park where the Imagineers were able to go all out, and they did some brilliant stuff with that.

Both quoted posts:

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

Disney Analyst

Weekday would be better. Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday best. UK schools are on holiday the week of May 29 from what I can see French schools are not.

I also forgot (how?!) Disney Dreams! will be playing again in May. The best regular night show DLP has had. It’d be a shame if you didn’t see that albeit it makes it a full on and long day. Put it this way, we booked another trip later this year when we heard it was back.

The amount of video I have watched of Disney Dreams is... embarrassing. To finally see it in person, to have it brought back from when I am in Paris? It feels full circle. Like the Disney gods have granted me a favour.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The amount of video I have watched of Disney Dreams is... embarrassing. To finally see it in person, to have it brought back from when I am in Paris? It feels full circle. Like the Disney gods have granted me a favour.
Glad you agree! Though be prepared for a 10pm or 11pm showing. It stays light a long time in Paris in the summer! Though you can’t say you don’t get your moneys worth for a days admission.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you. We would be there at the end of May. It would be very cool to finally fit in an overseas park, even if it's just for a day. I don't feel any pressure to try and do it all, just want to soak in the ambience, experience the differences, etc.

I would also plan for a weekday, in hopes it won't be as crazy?

As @marni1971 said, midweek is best. That being said, there are several public holidays in France in May so “be aware” so that you don’t expect it to be less crowded and suddenly find it packed.

Disney Analyst

Glad you agree! Though be prepared for a 10pm or 11pm showing. It stays light a long time in Paris in the summer! Though you can’t say you don’t get your moneys worth for a days admission.

Sounds like Canada! Haha. We are light out until 10pm in the summer.

I planned to do a full day, open to close. Does the train back to Paris run late? I hope so haha.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Does the train back to Paris run late? I hope so haha.

I think usually at least until midnight but double check that there won’t be any maintenance closures on the date(s) you are thinking of going to DLP (it seems like each time I am there I see a notice about maintenance but since I am usually only taking the train during the day or early evening I have never been impacted by this).

croboy82

Edited:

There is a system where you can pay to „skip“ the lines.

It’s called Premier Access. Here you pay per person per ride for a one time use of the attraction (most attractions included). This can be really expensive. Alternative there is also an ultimate version where you pay a full price once instead of each attraction on their own.

You can buy Premier Access also for some shows so you can come just a few minutes before the show.

Last edited:

fradz

Also Disneyland Paris has no longer fast passes. Instead there are two other systems.

For both you need to install the official Disneyland Paris App, make an acocunt and link your ticket.

First system is called Standby Pass. You can reserve your time for a attraction. It will give you a 30 minutes window when you can check in the attraction. Through that you can skip the regular line. Once you’ve done that ride or the time has passed you can reserve a new attraction.

On busy days this Pass will fill up and be fully booked so you can‘t reserve a time slot.

The second system is Premier Access. Here you pay per person per ride for a one time use of the attraction (most attractions included). This can be really expensive. Alternative there is also an ultimate version where you pay a full price once instead of each attraction on their own. That also costs alot and has to be prebooked since it can sell out.
Not entirely correct, you can buy premier access at guest services too (right side when you enter studios or in the Disneyland city hall, left side after you pass under the train tracks at the entrance)
It rarely ever sells out, at least the individual pay per ride, except for Crush in the afternoon on busy days. You generally get a direct return time too, again, except for Crush

jaxonp

I’d personally cut a day from Rome over London. Paris is the best of the 3 by far but London has so much to offer and do and is much easier to get around than Rome which lacks any sort of real public transportation.

Parc Disneyland can be done in one day (it deserves more than but…), did it myself the first time just like you’re proposing on the grand 3 city tour… I would say you’re doing a lot and i get it you want to see everything so you really have to prioritize what’s important to you. I just completed my 6th trip to DLP yesterday and can say it’s wonderful and has seen major improvement (in both parks) since my first trip in 2018… probably because Disney owns it outright now and cares a bit more than the previous tycoons who controlled the majority. Food still sucks though lol.

Side note- your trip out to Normandy takes an entire day which most of us driving… just so you know. Enjoy.. don’t forget to eat all the bread in Paris….

Disney Analyst

Not to revive this again, but needing some more advice (honest advice).

We are still planning our Paris trip (reminder I have never been, partner went when he was younger).

I was initially thinking of no longer including Disneyland as it would be rushed (we only have 4 full days in Paris, and we are wanting to also do Versailles), but my partner now seems really eager ...

SO... this would be the scheduled if we did this (this is end of May by the way):

• Arrive on a Wednesday in the evening, staying in the 3rd Arr.
  • Thursday go to Versailles, do some Paris exploration in the evening
  • Friday go to Disneyland
  • Saturday / Sunday exclusively Paris (Louvre is the one priority, open to other suggestions).

It seems Space Mountain will be closed, as will La Tanière du Dragon, so now despite everyone saying don't do a park hopper for a one day visit... I wonder if it would be worth the extra little bit of money to widen the ride pool? Already crying myself to sleep over the Dragon being off limits...

Okay, any and all thoughts, please be honest, brutal, talk me off this ledge - thank you!

fradz

Not to revive this again, but needing some more advice (honest advice).

We are still planning our Paris trip (reminder I have never been, partner went when he was younger).

I was initially thinking of no longer including Disneyland as it would be rushed (we only have 4 full days in Paris, and we are wanting to also do Versailles), but my partner now seems really eager ...

SO... this would be the scheduled if we did this (this is end of May by the way):

• Arrive on a Wednesday in the evening, staying in the 3rd Arr.
  • Thursday go to Versailles, do some Paris exploration in the evening
  • Friday go to Disneyland
  • Saturday / Sunday exclusively Paris (Louvre is the one priority, open to other suggestions).

It seems Space Mountain will be closed, as will La Tanière du Dragon, so now despite everyone saying don't do a park hopper for a one day visit... I wonder if it would be worth the extra little bit of money to widen the ride pool? Already crying myself to sleep over the Dragon being off limits...

Okay, any and all thoughts, please be honest, brutal, talk me off this ledge - thank you!
Just go for it. I’m actually gonna do roughly the same, end of May too, as a “local guide” for my wife’s sister. We’re going on Friday 26 to the park.

You can opt for a park hopper, just don’t rush anything and remember that you’re on holidays. Enjoy the atmosphere, try to see the shows and ride the headliners.
The best time to hop for WDSP is beginning /mid afternoon, doing the reverse of what most people do.

For Paris, one of my best memories was the sunset from the rooftop of Tour Montparnasse. Then watching the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle from there is pretty nice!
I would recommend going to Sainte Chapelle when you’re touring the center island (“L’île de la cite”. make sure to book your ticket)
Be aware that some neighbourhoods suck in Paris.

Samaritaine is a nice quick stop while you’re nearby, it’sa shopping centre in a very stylish building. If you’re a fan of art deco and art nouveau, go for it.
Speaking of shopping centers, Galeries Lafayette has a free rooftop terrace, in case you didn’t know.

I can draw you some itineraries if you want, but I guess you already figured out what you really wanted to see in Paris

Disney Analyst

Just go for it. I’m actually gonna do roughly the same, end of May too, as a “local guide” for my wife’s sister. We’re going on Friday 26 to the park.

You can opt for a park hopper, just don’t rush anything and remember that you’re on holidays. Enjoy the atmosphere, try to see the shows and ride the headliners.
The best time to hop for WDSP is beginning /mid afternoon, doing the reverse of what most people do.

For Paris, one of my best memories was the sunset from the rooftop of Tour Montparnasse. Then watching the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle from there is pretty nice!
I would recommend going to Sainte Chapelle when you’re touring the center island (“L’île de la cite”. make sure to book your ticket)
Be aware that some neighbourhoods suck in Paris.

Samaritaine is a nice quick stop while you’re nearby, it’sa shopping centre in a very stylish building. If you’re a fan of art deco and art nouveau, go for it.
Speaking of shopping centers, Galeries Lafayette has a free rooftop terrace, in case you didn’t know.

I can draw you some itineraries if you want, but I guess you already figured out what you really wanted to see in Paris

Thank you for all the advice already! You are giving me the confidence 😂

I am certainly not opposed to some itinerary ideas! If you have time, but please don’t burden yourself 😅☺️

Kevin_W

I agree with Fradz's post and suggestions (particularly Sainte Chapelle). I'm in a minority of tourists, but I don't care that much for Versaille. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not worth visiting, but with your itinerary I'd rather spend another day in Paris.

And, since you are on a Disney board, even with limited time I'd make time for a day in DLP!

fradz

Alright first thing first: This is a map from a japanese site that I think is a good indicator of how "street smart" you gotta be.

1681915921509.png

The good news is that most of the things I'll recommend are in the green or yellow zone. The bad news is that 1 thing is in the red zone (Montmartre, but it's really worth it imo). If you stay in the touristic side of Montmartre, there's no issue at all, even at night. However, I do recommend avoiding public transport at night in the red areas.

The "obvious" Louvre day can look like this:

Get to the Ile de la cité early in the morning; if you're really early, enjoy the beautiful sunrise and grab a viennoiserie, visit Sainte Chappelle at 9AM (make sure you have tickets booked asap) and walk your way through the different sights, including your visit in Louvre, all the way to the Arc de Triomphe. It's a lot of walking and a lot of things to see, but it should feel very smooth and logical as everything brings you a little closer to the Arc. From there, you could walk (or taxi/metro) to the Eiffel Tower and just chill next to the tower. Or have a ticket to go to the top....

I would have recommended to take metro 6 to Montparnasse tower, but it's been 2 weeks that it's closed for weird reasons so not sure when it will reopen.
1681916974661.png

For the other day, hit the highlights you couldn't do on the first day. This includes Montmartre (if you spend the evening, I would advise taking an Uber/taxi back rather than public transport...), Les Invalides if you wanna see Napoleon's tomb, Galeries Lafayette, Opéra Garnier, Musée d'Orsay if you feel like visiting 2nd museum, the Panthéon, etc.

We're gonna do almost exactly this, except that our hotel is near the Arc de Triomphe so in reverse. We also have an Opera booked for Saturday 26th.

fradz

I agree with Fradz's post and suggestions (particularly Sainte Chapelle). I'm in a minority of tourists, but I don't care that much for Versaille. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not worth visiting, but with your itinerary I'd rather spend another day in Paris.

And, since you are on a Disney board, even with limited time I'd make time for a day in DLP!
I'd agree with that fully. The one (and only) time I went to Versailles was because the wife really wanted to (her first trip to Paris) and we were then driving to Normandy so it was "kinda on the way". We ended up spending 2h15 there. Is it worth the 55min commute x2 from the 3rd arrondissement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom