Bored watching Disney on YouTube and...

lbrad

O I LOVE IT!!!
What a FUN family !!! They had an awesome trip!

Thank you for sharing:sohappy:

Wish I knew how to make a video like that ... nice job

dixiegirl

I come across this. Amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHfvKIqr1s

This is another good one of 4 friends documenting their trip. I am 100% going to do this, so serious to the point I have already started choosing music!!!

When the video nears the end you can click the screen to go to the next one. There are like 10 of them...good stuff to watch and kill time with!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgcmQyRxVFU&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_219607

oh my god I love that video!!! Ok as I wipe my tears away(cause I am such an emtional ball) Makes me miss when our girls were that age!! And wish that my Father inlaw was still alive to have come with us to Disney , he was like a big kid himself..

Buried20KLeague

The more I think about it, the cynic in me wonders if this isn't a viral marketing thing from Disney. They've done that a few times here lately since their "social marketing" push. The ones that jump to mind are the videos where Mickey has a dance-off with kids on Main Street.

Family of the day... Riding rides with characters... Getting pulled into parades... The way the characters interface with them constantly... The more I think about it, the more I wonder.

Could Disney have seen the first video of theirs, then contacted them about a second? The theme of the second one? That Disney is an expensive vacation, but "it's worth it!!" Hmmm....

Either that, or they are just a SERIOUSLY lucky family.

I love the video, either way... But I just wonder.

Who knows. :shrug:

bgraham34

The more I think about it, the cynic in me wonders if this isn't a viral marketing thing from Disney. They've done that a few times here lately since their "social marketing" push. The ones that jump to mind are the videos where Mickey has a dance-off with kids on Main Street.

Family of the day... Riding rides with characters... Getting pulled into parades... The way the characters interface with them constantly... The more I think about it, the more I wonder.

Could Disney have seen the first video of theirs, then contacted them about a second? The theme of the second one? That Disney is an expensive vacation, but "it's worth it!!" Hmmm....

I would highly doubt it. I don't get that feeling at all. Disney may now ask to use some of it though.

Buried20KLeague

I would highly doubt it. I don't get that feeling at all. Disney may now ask to use some of it though.

We'd never know, either way.

Like I said, I liked the video... Don't get me wrong. I just wonder, the more I think about it.

One thing I CAN say... We've spent MANY a week at Disney... Probably way too many!!... And have hardly ever had the sort of interactions and what not that that family had... And that was all in one single trip!

If it IS a viral marketing thing... It's clever.

msdroz

I hope that's not the case. However after sharing the video with my Dad he asked me if it was a commercial for disney, he didn't understand that it was someone's actual homemade video lol

bosox2001

Hello all! While I was not a member of the WDW Magic boards (I am now), I appreciate blackthidot posting the link to my family's YouTube vids to Disney. I can see how someone might think we're in cahoots with the Disney brass, particularly with the most recent video. But rest assured that this video was all my own...no collusion with Disney at all.

Prior to a Disney trip, I always find myself listening to podcasts about WDW. Many of the shows seem to be focused on the high cost of the trip. This provided the impetus for the story arc on price. We certainly agree! However, we have so much fun going we can't help ourselves!

As for the convergence of lucky events (e.g. Tea Cups, family of the day, parades, etc.), again, I can see how it raises suspicions. But it really has just been pure luck! Having said this, we do plan ahead for our trips to the parks; we always arrive early; and we enjoy singing and dancing.

We're headed to WDW again in Novemeber, this time with the other set of grandparents, so I hope to have another video up at the end of the year.

Thanks for all your nice comments!
:)

Buried20KLeague

Hello all! While I was not a member of the WDW Magic boards (I am now), I appreciate blackthidot posting the link to my family's YouTube vids to Disney. I can see how someone might think we're in cahoots with the Disney brass, particularly with the most recent video. But rest assured that this video was all my own...no collusion with Disney at all.

Prior to a Disney trip, I always find myself listening to podcasts about WDW. Many of the shows seem to be focused on the high cost of the trip. This provided the impetus for the story arc on price. We certainly agree! However, we have so much fun going we can't help ourselves!

As for the convergence of lucky events (e.g. Tea Cups, family of the day, parades, etc.), again, I can see how it raises suspicions. But it really has just been pure luck! Having said this, we do plan ahead for our trips to the parks; we always arrive early; and we enjoy singing and dancing.

We're headed to WDW again in Novemeber, this time with the other set of grandparents, so I hope to have another video up at the end of the year.

Assuming you are who you say you are... Then I guess that answers that. :lol:

Welcome aboard. :wave:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

No problem man. Glad to share some awesome work done that can help us ALL get through and extra few minutes of a boring day by living through someone elses vacation!

Keep up the good work...we will ALL be waiting for that video!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom