Trip Report ***BOOM, DONE***No, Its not Déjà vu. It’s just that time of year again…the 20th surf ’n turf part deux. And we’re live now!

You were with us for the 16th, 17th, the epic bungalow 18th, the 19th, and the 20/40 so why not...do it again.

I went back and forth on covering this one, TR fatigue has been biting me in the butt lately. I figured, though, that with the amount of new things we are considering for this trip it may be worthwhile to give it another go. With that, lets get the formalities out of the way for the newbs:

Who: @imahistorygeek and myself
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_411483977463.JPG

What: Surf 'n turfing a 4-night Disney Dream
When: Oct. 20 -27
Where: AKL, Dream, AKL
Why: Well, going to the bubble in the Fall for our anniversary has kinda grown on us. We will be at sea for our actual 20th!

As I alluded to we had some decisions to make for this trip like:
Drive or Fly
Palo or Remy
MNSSHP or Jiko
Get off at Nassau or Stay on the boat?
Homecomin' or Homecomin'

Watching The Muppets Movie now as I write this... can you really watch this without singing!?!? A filet of fish, hey!

Mas details to follow, like how many have signed up for the beer exchange!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Another great trip report! I can't believe your next trip is in 5 days! Sounds like the perfect way to recover from a cruise. Lol
Thanks for following!

Thanks for sharing again! I can't wait to hear about California!
Thank you ma'am! We're excited about the change.

Definitely do MaxPass! It will be super helpful for first-timers and for holiday crowds. It's like the best parts of paper FP and mobile FP+ combined.
Noted! We will probably use it at least our first day in each park to see how it goes but the nostalgic side of me wants that paper fastpass.

Have a great time at Disneyland! Perhaps we'll bump into you will we be out there then too.
It probably won't be hard to miss us, just look for the ridiculously awestruck family bumping into things.
83811389_SpongeBob_and_Patrick_excited_GIF_590x294.gif

Thank you both for a fun TR as always! Enjoy your time Disneyland, too -- you're both lucky you have enough vacation time to fit in these happy trips. :happy:
Thank you ma'am! I am so fortunate to be working for a k-12 system now where my days off now align with my DD. I actually have the week off! The DW's schedule is pretty flexible too and she has accrued a ton of vaca time over the years.

imahistorygeek

He finished it up, but I've barely put my stamp on this TR.

Halloween Party

I had a very good time. Was it worth the extra gazillion dollars? No. Sean covered what was wrong with it, but I will say there were some highlights as well. I LOVED the fireworks shows. The only one that beats it was the Star Wars fireworks show at HS. Not the most recent one, but the one before. I loved the parade so much we watched it twice. All but one of the "enhanced" rides was meh. Space Mountain in pure darkness is scary! It was an amazing way to end the night.

We really didn't try any of the food. Based on what I had read, the food was pretty to look at but really nothing special. I didn't get a single souvenir except the guide map. Apparently you have to get in line super early for any of those, but it is what it is. Along with this, the park was just too crowded and the lines for everything just too long. This shouldn't be the case with a special event that costs mega dollars.

With all that said, I'm glad we participated and we had a blast dressing up, but this is not a repeatable event.

Cruise

This is one of my top two favorite cruises. Our 20/40 on the Fantasy and this trip on the Dream were amazing in different ways. I could go on and on about why they were great, but I can't. It's all in the way they make you feel. I'm the most relaxed I ever am when I'm on a cruise. That's probably because I'm away from the real world. You could also say that for WDW, but then you have to contend with the millions of folks.

Highlights were meeting Team Virginia (which maybe we will see again some day and with Team Buffalo) and #tonyfromspain. Maybe DCL or #tonyfromspain will happen upon this and realize that Bermuda 2019 is where it's at.

Misc WDW

I loved slinky dog! I can't wait to ride it again. IMO, Sean's a little harsh in his criticism of the ride. It's just plain fun.
I kinda detest Food and Wine. It was one of those things that I used to really like and now, not so much. It's too crowded and it just seems to be a giant cash grab for mediocre food and drink. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming F&W, but I don't think we will visit during that time.

Overall

This was another great trip. I believe the perfect combination for a cruise is a WDW sandwich. One day before and after, even if it's just to hang at the resorts, is enough. As mentioned, we're letting our APs expire. We'd rather cruise with Disney than visit WDW. That's how we feel now, but it could change in a few years. We're content using our DVC to hang out at the resorts.

Disneyland

So, we leave in a few days. Being a nervous flyer naturally keeps me in an anxious state, but I'm very excited to be visiting CA and the DL resort. For the first time in forever, we're using touring plans. We had great success when we first used them for WDW. It has been weird to actually sit down and plan rides, breaks, meals, etc.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Great trip report as always!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Disneyland!! @imahistorygeek I'm with you on the flying part. I can tolerate a nonstop 2 hour Pittsburgh to Orlando flight but that's about it. Traveling from coast to coast makes me anxious also. Wishing you good luck with it!!
Thank you, Ma'am! I'm excited.
I hope you guys do a DLR trip report. I'm curious to hear what the @lostpro9het clan thinks of the West Coast. I'm going to be missing you guys by a couple of weeks...we're heading out there the first week of December. I hope you have a smooth and uneventful flight and a WONDERFUL time at DLR!
Thanks! I've been to Seattle before and really enjoyed it but getting to do DL is way more exciting.

I always love your reports! You guys look like a super fun couple and I hope you love DL! Can't wait to read about it! :cool:
Thanks so much! I feel like visiting DL will be like going back in time with all the pre-planning that we dont ahve to do with WDW.

Enjoyed reading your TR! Eagerly awaiting for your DL TR! Hope y’all have a good time and safe travels!
Thank you, sir! We'll do our best!

LeighM

The time it normally takes us to disembark and make it through customs is about 10 minutes. The trip from the port to AKL via Disney Bus was about an hour. The time it takes your bus to leave the port varies based on how many people are using the Disney buses. If you catch the first bus out of the port you can plan on being at AKL before 11:00.
The room ready text also varies. Some trips our room is ready by the time we get there some times its closer to 3-4 o'clock. Go ahead and get an ADR for Sanaa at lunch. You'd be safe with a 12:00 ADR. Are you staying at Kidani or Jambo?

We're staying at Kidani. We've visited Jambo a couple of times and Kidani seems to be more relaxed to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom