Books about WDW

Seano846

Original Poster
Does anyone know of any good books about the history of WDW?Ive' read the biography about Roy Disney, as well as Walt's any other suggestions?

Attachments

• selfprtanim.gif
    selfprtanim.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 142

wdw critic

the only books that I have found dealing with the history of wdw are at wdw, in the shops at the resorts. I have looked at barnes and noble for books on wdw but they had nothing on the history of the place.

Seano846

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdw critic
the only books that I have found dealing with the history of wdw are at wdw, in the shops at the resorts. I have looked at barnes and noble for books on wdw but they had nothing on the history of the place.

Yeah I'm also familiar with the books offered at the parks/resorts.I was hoping there was more of an "unofficial" book about the history of WDW, sort of like what Mousetales is to Disneyland

WDW-Imagineer

"Since the world Began" <- a book about the 25th anniversary.

Also, if you want books about imagineering, there is a thread about imagineering books that was started a while ago.

Disneynut

Try Inside Disney by Eve Zibart. It is a companion book to the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Im sure you can order it from amazon.com

dopey

i highly recommend the ub iwerks bio, "the hand behind the mouse." it's fairly new, available in hardcover and i've seen it at every bookstore i've been to in the past few weeks. it actually fills in a lot of details that weren't in the roy o. book.

your best bet for older disney books is amazon. i go to bookstores a lot and find it nearly impossible to find any disney books that weren't published in the past few years. i believe the other thread on disney books was started in chit chat. someone posted a link to most disney books published (the list is also available at amazon).

Seano846

Original Poster
Originally posted by dopey
i highly recommend the ub iwerks bio, "the hand behind the mouse." it's fairly new, available in hardcover and i've seen it at every bookstore i've been to in the past few weeks. it actually fills in a lot of details that weren't in the roy o. book.

your best bet for older disney books is amazon. i go to bookstores a lot and find it nearly impossible to find any disney books that weren't published in the past few years. i believe the other thread on disney books was started in chit chat. someone posted a link to most disney books published (the list is also available at amazon).

Thanks, I havn't read that one yet. Just re-read Vinyl Leaves

Attachments

• selfprtanim.gif
    selfprtanim.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 95

Disneynut

"Vinyl Leaves" is a fairly good book. Some of the chapters are a little too technical for my tastes. BTW does anyone know if this book has ever been updated, my copy is from 1992.

Seano846

Original Poster
Originally posted by dopey
how is "vinyl leaves"? i've heard mixed reviews.

I found it enjoyable it describes the construction of WDW and all of the rides.it does get dry at parts but it is very informative

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom