Booking villa through a DVC member directly?

marynorth

Original Poster
I did not know that you could save substantially by buying a DVC members points - I guess that is how it works. Has anyone done this before? I ebay alot, so I'm familiar with the process. The sellers had good feedback, and the savings looks phenomenal. Is there anything I should be wary of? Also, how does Disney handle it - I mean, if I'm using someone else's points, do they recognize me as the guest? This is a little confusing.

ripleysmom

mary, if you rent points from a DVC owner you are basically the owner's guest.

Your room keys will be marked with DVC member. Although technically you are not really entitled to any of the perks that members are entitled to many people report that they receive the benefits anyway.

One item to note though is that your room will not be cleaned everyday. Part of the tradeoff of being a DVC member is that a full cleaning everyday is not included. Every 4th day you will receive a trash & towel day (mousekeeping comes empties garbage and changes towels) and the 8th day is a full cleaning. These can be rescheduled to different days but the length of stay must qualify for those services. You can choose to receive mousekeeping everyday but it is extra.

Renting points is an economical way for someone to see how great it is to be a DVC member.

Just wanted to add that another benefit to renting from an owner is that you will not have to pay any tax on your room. DVC members do not pay tax.

Gail Hayden

ripleysmom said:
mary, if you rent points from a DVC owner you are basically the owner's guest.

Your room keys will be marked with DVC member. Although technically you are not really entitled to any of the perks that members are entitled to many people report that they receive the benefits anyway.

One item to note though is that your room will not be cleaned everyday. Part of the tradeoff of being a DVC member is that a full cleaning everyday is not included. Every 4th day you will receive a trash & towel day (mousekeeping comes empties garbage and changes towels) and the 8th day is a full cleaning. These can be rescheduled to different days but the length of stay must qualify for those services. You can choose to receive mousekeeping everyday but it is extra.

Renting points is an economical way for someone to see how great it is to be a DVC member.

Just wanted to add that another benefit to renting from an owner is that you will not have to pay any tax on your room. DVC members do not pay tax.

Hey RM!!!! Nice to see you here. :) Welcome.
As to the cleaning, on eight days or more the full cleaning is on day 4 or 5 and a trash and tidy on day 8 or 9.
The lack of tax does often make the DVC point rental a very very good move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom