Booking FP+ Without Tickets

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, we were selected for Magic Band testing for our upcoming trip. I was also able to book FP+ for BOG lunch. The only issue is FP+ for attractions. We have to pick our tickets up at Guest Services upon arrival, so they can't be linked to our reservation. I am guessing this is why the system won't let me book any attraction based FP+s. Do you think this is a correct assumption?

I'm not even sure they'll be able to link these tickets to our Magic Bands. If that turns out to be the case, I'm wondering if our Magic Bands, at least for this trip, will be nothing more than a mechanism for charging and room entry. Thoughts?

KatMaria

Okay so once you get to the resort, you should be able to link up everything. Technically you should be able to do it now but if it is not able to be linked now, you can link it once you get to the parks and resorts and have concierge connect everything to the Magic Bands. Then you can pick your fast passes. I have had guest pick fastpasses the same day as they checked in so you should be fine with that. You can always call Disney and ask if they can link your tickets now before you arrive, like I said there should be a way to do it since your just waiting to pick them. Hope that helps.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Okay so once you get to the resort, you should be able to link up everything. Technically you should be able to do it now but if it is not able to be linked now, you can link it once you get to the parks and resorts and have concierge connect everything to the Magic Bands. Then you can pick your fast passes. I have had guest pick fastpasses the same day as they checked in so you should be fine with that. You can always call Disney and ask if they can link your tickets now before you arrive, like I said there should be a way to do it since your just waiting to pick them. Hope that helps.

It does! Thanks! The tickets were complimentary tickets and can't be redeemed & activated until I bring all of the info to one of the Guest Relations locations. Still, I would have to think that they could synch this all up and let me book the passes in the manner you've described once I've officially redeemed those tickets with GR.

Joshua&CalebDad

It does! Thanks! The tickets were complimentary tickets and can't be redeemed & activated until I bring all of the info to one of the Guest Relations locations. Still, I would have to think that they could synch this all up and let me book the passes in the manner you've described once I've officially redeemed those tickets with GR.

I would contact Guest Relations and let them know your predicament. If Guest Relations/Customer Service will at least issue you a confirmation number for your tickets, you can link them to your account and then make FP+ reservations. I know this because I purchased Halloween Party tickets an am picking them up at will call. However, I was given a confirmation number for all of my tickets and was able to link them to my account. YI...as you link the tickets to our account using a confirmation number you will have to assign them one of the members in your party. I hope this helps.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I would contact Guest Relations and let them know your predicament. If Guest Relations/Customer Service will at least issue you a confirmation number for your tickets, you can link them to your account and then make FP+ reservations. I know this because I purchased Halloween Party tickets an am picking them up at will call. However, I was given a confirmation number for all of my tickets and was able to link them to my account. YI...as you link the tickets to our account using a confirmation number you will have to assign them one of the members in your party. I hope this helps.

Thanks! I'm going to call on Tuesday and see if there's anything they can do for us (need the kids out of the house to do this).

stevehousse

Ya on the MDE under reservations it says I have tickets but I am not able to link anything. I have a package so no tickets until we arrive. I was gonna call after we did online check in because i don't want the system to go live and get screwed out of good fast passes...I want to book those before we leave...

stevehousse

I was gonna add that wih this new system I wonder if that sort of thing will change. If I am staying at a Disney resort and the perk is getting to use magic bands and pick FP before your trip, not having any ticket media with a package before I go is a HUGE disservice to me as a guest...

Joshua&CalebDad

Ya on the MDE under reservations it says I have tickets but I am not able to link anything. I have a package so no tickets until we arrive. I was gonna call after we did online check in because i don't want the system to go live and get screwed out of good fast passes...I want to book those before we leave...

If you have a package then the system will recognize the fact that you actually do have tickets even though they are not in your possession. Not having them in hand won't matter unless you are vacationer who actually needs to purchase tickets (i.e. room only reservations) when they arrive.

Have you gone through and done the online check-in. I noticed that as soon as I did online check in everything became available. On a side note, even if you have already done online check-in, I would do it a second time just to be on the same side. I heard on other boards (hangs head in shame, yes I visit other WDW Boards other than this one) that this made a difference. Good luck.

stevehousse

If you have a package then the system will recognize the fact that you actually do have tickets even though they are not in your possession. Not having them in hand won't matter unless you are vacationer who actually needs to purchase tickets (i.e. room only reservations) when they arrive.

Have you gone through and done the online check-in. I noticed that as soon as I did online check in everything became available. On a side note, even if you have already done online check-in, I would do it a second time just to be on the same side. I heard on other boards (hangs head in shame, yes I visit other WDW Boards other than this one) that this made a difference. Good luck.
We will be able to do online check in next week! Hope it works!!!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I was gonna add that wih this new system I wonder if that sort of thing will change. If I am staying at a Disney resort and the perk is getting to use magic bands and pick FP before your trip, not having any ticket media with a package before I go is a HUGE disservice to me as a guest...

Are you inside 60 days before your check in date? From what I've been hearing, much of that becomes active once you hit that 60 day mark. Otherwise...yes, that would be a HUGE disservice and I'd be on the phone insisting they get it worked out.

stevehousse

Are you inside 60 days before your check in date? From what I've been hearing, much of that becomes active once you hit that 60 day mark. Otherwise...yes, that would be a HUGE disservice and I'd be on the phone insisting they get it worked out.

I have about 10 days left before I can do online check in so hopefully everything goes up. My resort isn't even "testing" but there is a ton if talk elsewhere that all resorts will be magic band and FP+ ready by oct 31...hope it's true!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I have about 10 days left before I can do online check in so hopefully everything goes up. My resort isn't even "testing" but there is a ton if talk elsewhere that all resorts will be magic band and FP+ ready by oct 31...hope it's true!

It's interesting...I'm going next month and my supervisor is going at the very beginning of November. While I just got my Magic Band testing invitation this week (and I leave in 19 days), he was able to book bands before me and got to do his FP+ reservations at 60 days like it was just a normal thing. Which leads me to believe that Oct 31st may be the big day.

stevehousse

It's interesting...I'm going next month and my supervisor is going at the very beginning of November. While I just got my Magic Band testing invitation this week (and I leave in 19 days), he was able to book bands before me and got to do his FP+ reservations at 60 days like it was just a normal thing. Which leads me to believe that Oct 31st may be the big day.

Do you know if he is staying at a test resort or not?

Joshua&CalebDad

I would not wait on the e-mail to try and book FP+ reservations. My family and I check in on September 28th and just received our MyMagic+ e-mail from Disney today. However, I started making our FP+ reservations and customized our Magic Bands weeks ago. We have actually already received our Magic Bands already and the e-mail that I received from Disney today stated that we had until September 15 to customize our Magic Bands. The point of my story is to check the system daily to see if you can access the FP+ reservations and/or the Magic Bands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom