Booking for 2019

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I can never keep it straight. Is it the packages you can book farther out, or the room only bookings?

And when would bookings for May 1 2019 be available? I tried asking on the Disney web site and my chat person said to book them on line now. Which isn't possible.:cyclops:

wannabeBelle

Packages for the following year are usually available in the summer of the previous year. So for your date frame of May of 2019, that would be available in the summer of 2018 with definite pricing. Room only reservations can be made further out than that but must be called in to do that. Unless you are looking for an extremely hard to get room type such as a suite or something extremely rare, you should be fine to get the reservation you want when the package pricing is released. Hope this helps!! Marie

DisneyJoe

Packages for the following year are usually available in the summer of the previous year. So for your date frame of May of 2019, that would be available in the summer of 2018 with definite pricing. Room only reservations can be made further out than that but must be called in to do that. Unless you are looking for an extremely hard to get room type such as a suite or something extremely rare, you should be fine to get the reservation you want when the package pricing is released. Hope this helps!! Marie
Exactly!

They used to come out in early August the year before, but lately it has been in mid to late June, with the caveat that you could only book 499 days in advance. As Marie said, you can book room only prior to that, but the rates aren't "locked in" at that point.

heatherhy01

I can never keep it straight. Is it the packages you can book farther out, or the room only bookings?

And when would bookings for May 1 2019 be available? I tried asking on the Disney web site and my chat person said to book them on line now. Which isn't possible.:cyclops:

Hi there! I am also looking at booking in early May 2019. I called Disney last night and was told to keep an eye on the Disney World Blog when it gets closer to summer and then give a call back. They are only booking out until August 2018 right now? Which I thought was really odd considering that we are only a few months away from then but what do I know??? lol

wannabeBelle

Sorry Heather, That information is incorrect. You can book any date in 2018 right now. 2019 package pricing will be available sometime in the summer. You can keep an eye here on this site or on the Kingdom Konsultant Travel Blog for an announcement when this is released. Marie

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I called Disney last night and was told to keep an eye on the Disney World Blog when it gets closer to summer and then give a call back.
As mentioned you can actually book 499 days in advance, though to do that, you need to call. The person on the phone is wrong. In fact I frequently call 499 days, but the last time I did that, it was 499 days from your checkout date. That is the system cannot handle any times that fall outside of the 499. Right now thanks to google, 499 days from today is July 25th, so you can book all of your may vacation right now. I wouldn't wait but that's just me.

heatherhy01

As mentioned you can actually book 499 days in advance, though to do that, you need to call. The person on the phone is wrong. In fact I frequently call 499 days, but the last time I did that, it was 499 days from your checkout date. That is the system cannot handle any times that fall outside of the 499. Right now thanks to google, 499 days from today is July 25th, so you can book all of your may vacation right now. I wouldn't wait but that's just me.

Thanks! I am going to call back again and try! I thought it was really odd that she stated they could only book until August??? Since I know for a fact that we had booked out further than that previously.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Since I know for a fact that we had booked out further than that previously.
Unless things have changed, I booked just under 499 days and availability seemed constrained at the Poly (where I'm staying), so I think people were calling as soon as the 499 day opened up for them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom