Booking FastPass+

jefbecker1

Original Poster
My wife and I will have the opportunity to start booking our FastPass+ times on April 17th (60 days from our trip). We are staying at the Poly in the Club Level. Everybody has been incredible helpful with suggestions so far. We could really use experienced help on the FastPass reservations. What are the "must dos" with respect to attractions and FastPass booking? Our daughters will be 5 years old and 3 years old at the time of the tip. They both love the the Disney Princesses. We are planning to take advantage of the Magic Hours each day to help get access to some of the attractions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

JIMINYCR

Based on the children and I'd say
MK... Peter Pan, 7DMT, Tales w/ Belle
EP... Frozen, Soarin, Nemo
DHS... TSM
AK... Safari, Navi

Morning EMH will be best if youre able to be up early with the kids. Evening EMH's will be pushing it with their ability to last.
Getting to the parks early does give you a chance to hit some things before it gets to crowd building time. Be sure to add in time to chill out and give the kids a break.

exnihlio13

Based on the children and I'd say
MK... Peter Pan, 7DMT, Tales w/ Belle
EP... Frozen, Soarin, Nemo
DHS... TSM
AK... Safari, Navi

Morning EMH will be best if youre able to be up early with the kids. Evening EMH's will be pushing it with their ability to last.
Getting to the parks early does give you a chance to hit some things before it gets to crowd building time. Be sure to add in time to chill out and give the kids a break.

I'd echo most of these choices.
Some other possibilities would be:

Magic Kingdom:
Tommorowland Speedway - pretty fun to have the kids drive you. You could likely do this ahead of Belle since most shows the fastpass doesn't help much except maybe having a shorter queue to dump into the main area. This show also switches rooms and has no seating persay so you're not gaining much of an advantage except maybe if it's raining since the standby queue would likely extend to outside whereas the fastpass might not.

Epcot:
I'd go with Spaceship Earth ahead of Nemo.
Nemo has a fairly short standby line and Spaceship Earth is still quite popular. At 7 and 10 my kids, somewhat surprisingly to me, loved this ride..especially the exit area with all the interative stuff. It tends to get real popular in the afternoon thanks to the A/C and the relaxed nature of the ride. FP+-ing it ensures you a ride with a quick wait. You could also like grab a Nemo in the afternoon as a 4th fastpass if need be (i.e the standby is longer than 30-45 minutes)

Animal Kingdom:
If you think they'll like Soarin' they'd likely enjoy Flight of Passage but I'm not sure if they'd be tall enough. However this is said to be the most popular ride in the park so I'd book it for the adults and you can do Rider Switch. Your 5 year old *might* be tall enough to tide but otherwise I'd book yourselves fastpasses and use Rider Switch.
Apparently Navi River Journey is pretty easy to rope drop (since everyone rushes to Flight of Passage) or also easy to walk onto or book fastpasses in the evening. Also a good opportunity to check out the bioluminescence of Pandora at night. It's also supposed to be quite short so Flight of Passage or the next ride might be a better use of a FP+.
Kali River Rapids is also supposed to be a fun family ride and a good way to cool off. Gets real popular late morning afternoon so it could be good to FP+
Expedition Everest has single rider line so if an adult wants to go then that could be a way to save a fastpass or you could Rider Switch.

Hollywood Studios
Star Tours might be worth doing if they are Star Wars fans although it's worth noting you're closed into a cargo ship with about 12 people and then pitched and rolled quite a bit as though you're a ship bouncing around cargo holds and in space. 10 year old and I loved it. My wife and daughter found it kinda motion sick-ey. Could be another good Rider Switch option.
Also worth noting is the rumour is that Toy Story Mania is allowing fastpasses the day of (sometimes not until late in the morning. So check the app and make adjustments to your existing fastpasses. It's an amazing family ride and worth doing multiple times. Worth noting that you need 3d glasses though so as long as your kids are ok with that it could well be the fave.
You could also get fastpasses for adults at Rock n' Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror but RNR also has a single rider line which could be a faster way for adults to have some fun.
*edited* no single rider for ToT

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom