Booked our Honeymoon on the Dream!

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
I just booked our honeymoon on the Disney Dream for April 2012. We are doing the 4-day cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay! The only thing I am not sure is if we are going to use Disney Transportation to Port Canaveral or if we will drive and park our car there. What do you guys suggest?

Tonka's Skipper

fly in a day or 2 early

Congrats to you both!:animwink:

Fly in the day before!..always safer! You never know what can happen the morning of your sailing!:(

We always fly in 2 days early and spend 2 nights at one of the WDW resorts and take in one of the parks.........ME will pick you up at the resort on your sailing date and take you to the ship and to the MCO on your return.

Best of Luck to your both!:sohappy:

AKK

Figment82

Congrats!

Disney transfers to/from WDW and Port Canaveral or the airport and Port Canaveral are about $70/person round trip. Parking at the terminal is $15/night. So you're looking at about $60 for parking (plus the cost of the rental car, of course) vs. $140 for Disney transportation.

Make sure you look at all of your options before choosing which will work best for you economically and also factor in when you want to arrive at port. You usually arrive much later in the day if you go with Disney, so if getting onboard earlier (to make Palo/Remy reservations, change dining teams, explore the ship, etc.) is important to you, I'd recommend driving over yourself (you can usually board the ship around 11:30-12). It's nice to be in charge of your plans, and you can also stop and pick up supplies (like alcohol, etc.) on the way.

I hope you have a great honeymoon! The Disney Dream is a beautiful ship - you'll love it! :)

love disney

Congrats! I have my honeymoon booked for an October 4-night Bahama cruise so please let us know how yours goes!

If you already plan on having a car there, I would suggest driving yourself as it will be much cheaper as mentioned above. The drive should be just around an hour or so, which even gives you time to hit one of the parks in the morning if you want (well, I will have an annual pass so it is a possibility for me, I obviously wouldn't suggest buying a ticket for just an hour or so).

Congrats again and hope you have a blast and please come back with a report!

Are you planning on doing any excursions in Nassau or Castaway Cay? If so, which ones?

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! We will for sure be driving from Louisville, KY to Orlando because I won't fly and I think we will just use one of our cars so no need to pay for a rental :] Parking at the port itself sounds better and cheaper for us, plus I really want to get on board early and explore!

As for the excursions, we haven't really discussed which ones or what we would be interested in yet. We have been to Nassau before but we just went to a beach and snorkled. I really want to go visit Atlantis!

Disneyfalcon

If you're driving, one other option to consider is spending the night in Port Canaveraly. There are several great hotels there that will allow you to leave your car there for the duration of your cruise.:)

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
If you're driving, one other option to consider is spending the night in Port Canaveraly. There are several great hotels there that will allow you to leave your car there for the duration of your cruise.:)

That is very true. We went on a Carnvial Cruise 2 years ago and we did that at the Ramada (?? I think...). Thank you for the tip! I forgot all about that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom