Booked my honeymoon too!

JaSnake16

Original Poster
Booked my honeymoon, we are doing 4 days at Disney followed by a 9 night cruise out of Lauderdale Feb 4. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge in a Honeymoon suite but I havent booked any packages associated with Disney. I cant add a package to my room reservation yet because of my February date and package prices are not available until June/July for 08. Anyone here try a honeymoon package (Im sure there are plenty). Were they worth it? Should we just do our own thing? Thanks ahead of time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My wife and I did a Honeymoon Grand Plan (may not be called that now). Honeymoone suite at Wilderness Lodge on conceirge (sp?). All inclusive meals, photo shoot, special excursions, etc. We loved it. My one recomendation would not be to add the meals if you stay Conceirge level. They had awesome spreads of food out most of the time.

Hope you enjoy it. We had a blast!!!

UKHelen

I am really excited!!! :D and had to share with you all!!!

We have just returned from WDW and had no plans to go back until October 08 with my parents when we are not expecting to do as much Disney as usual. However, while we were there (in a group) we really flagged at the end as it was soooo humid and didn't end up finishing all the parks (we only did a half day in MK out of two weeks- can you believe that) so we started discussing the possibility of going back for a few days in October when we are in the states on our honeymoon (fiancee didn't want to do WDW for honeymoon as we have been several times and he has been with an ex a number of times and he wanted our honeymoon to stand out and be something new (which is really nice)). Anyhow, we looked at the possibility of going for 5 or 6 days at the end and flying home from Orlando and it has only gone and worked out!!!!!!!!! :sohappy: It now means we are crossing the states twice (from Boston to San Francisco and then to Orlando) but it's soooooo going to be worth it. We also have to fly home 2 days later which means extra time in Disney!! Wahay! Just got to sort out everything else, change the internal flights, change a couple of hotel bookings, hope I can get the extra days off work etc.

Now we've got to decide where to stay (hopefully we'll push the boat out and stay on-site - it is our honeymoon after all!), get some meals booked and generally get even more excited for the wedding and honeymoon than we were before!!!!!

Now a question - I have read a couple of things about honeymoon/gift/wedding registry and I will do a search properly later (on my lunch break at work now, well actually am now on work time!) but can you register for it even if you not getting married on property???? I remember thinking it sounded a really good idea as we already live together and are not planning on having a gift list (we are toying with the idea of asking people to donate to charity) but some people are saying it's expected and guests want to buy us something.

Sorry it's such a long post and thanks for sticking with it if you are still reading!!!!!!!!:ROFLOL:

silverboyd

my fiance and I recently booked our WDW portion of our honeymoon. We got engaged there last September at Cinderella's Castle right after the Wishes fireworks were over. The first part of our honeymoon will be a 5 night cruise out of Tampa and then it's going to be 3 days/2 nights at Coronado Springs. We are so excited. This will be my 30th trip staying at WDW. It's one of my favorite places on earth. It's going to be the perfect ending to our honeymoon. :sohappy::ROFLOL::slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom