Book FPs for more days than tickets if staying on property?

ohioguy

Original Poster
We're staying on property for 4 days, but have a 3 day ticket. Can I make FastPass selections for 4 days instead of 3? It looks that way, but I don't want to risk losing any prior FastPass selections (or having one day replaced with another). Basically we would decide when we got there if we would add an extra day to our ticket or not -- arriving on an early flight but worried about wasting a day if flight is delayed or if we're too tired from the flight. If I could book FPs without issue now though, I would.

nickys

Premium Member
We're staying on property for 4 days, but have a 3 day ticket. Can I make FastPass selections for 4 days instead of 3? It looks that way, but I don't want to risk losing any prior FastPass selections (or having one day replaced with another). Basically we would decide when we got there if we would add an extra day to our ticket or not -- arriving on an early flight but worried about wasting a day if flight is delayed or if we're too tired from the flight. If I could book FPs without issue now though, I would.

Nosorry, you can't. You can only book fastpasses fors many days that you have tickets for. They can be any 3 days though, don't have to be consecutive.

ohioguy

Original Poster
It's just puzzling why it's even allowing me to do it. I check in Monday, leave Friday, with 3 day tickets...I have Tues, Wed, & Thursday fully booked with FPs, but it's allowing me to book Monday, as well.

nickys

Premium Member
It's just puzzling why it's even allowing me to do it. I check in Monday, leave Friday, with 3 day tickets...I have Tues, Wed, & Thursday fully booked with FPs, but it's allowing me to book Monday, as well.

Do you have tickets to a party event? They will let you book fps on them for any time through the day, only of course you can only use them from 4pm.

Or do you have a package, in which case it looks like you have 4 days worth? Other than that, I'm out of ideas!

Have you actually booked them for the Monday too, or just looking at availability?

ohioguy

Original Poster
I do have tickets to the Christmas party! I didn't realize you could book throughout the day on those-- is it just reflecting that extra ticket and awarding me additional day? My current FPs on Tuesday are for the MK (we're doing that park from 8am-12midnight, regular admission day plus the party). So it's reading the party tickets as in use that day, but not my regular admission? Interesting!

nickys

Premium Member
I do have tickets to the Christmas party! I didn't realize you could book throughout the day on those-- is it just reflecting that extra ticket and awarding me additional day? My current FPs on Tuesday are for the MK (we're doing that park from 8am-12midnight, regular admission day plus the party). So it's reading the party tickets as in use that day, but not my regular admission? Interesting!

I didn't know this until recently, but yes apparently so. The fp system is reading those Party tickets as an extra day of admission and allows fps to be booked at any time that day. In practice obviously you could only use them if they were booked for between 4 and 6/7, unless you use a normal park admission ticket.

Presumably if you decide to go to the parks on Monday you would extend the ticket so you can enter the park in the morning of party day. Personally I would make sure to extend them before entering the park on Tuesday morning, just so the system doesn't delete the last day's worth when it "realises" You don't have tickets left for that day.

ohioguy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. I would probably extend them as soon as we reach the hotel. Our flight arrives at 9am, but I'm wary of going ahead and purchasing an extra day in case of flight delay or happenstance. But I figure we could easily be in the parks around noon at that arrival time, if we're up to it. It's very hard to arrive and NOT head straight to an entry gate! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom