News Bongo's at Disney Springs closing later this year

Disstevefan1

We had a great time at Bongos! The food and drinks worked and the environment was fun. The only downside- I didn't get to see or dance with Gloria!

love your icon. We are all hoping for a EPCOT resurrection into something good. It will never be as good as 1982, but we hope for something good at least.

As for Bongos, we may be in the minority, but we liked the counter service window. I always thought it was high quality counter service food. When in down town Disney we always made it a point to stop and get something from the window.

Lilofan

love your icon. We are all hoping for a EPCOT resurrection into something good. It will never be as good as 1982, but we hope for something good at least.

As for Bongos, we may be in the minority, but we liked the counter service window. I always thought it was high quality counter service food. When in down town Disney we always made it a point to stop and get something from the window.
Missed the liquid fuel Cuban espresso at the window!

Rob562

Good riddance. Our one and only time there we had horrible service, blah food and my dinner made me vomit later that night.

We had much better (and cheaper) food at the Cuban place in a strip-mall down the road (I think it was on Palm Parkway).

-Rob

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Demolition progress at Bongo's, at Disney Springs West Side.

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, November 26, 2019. Continued demolition of Bongos.

IMG_2612.JPG

Note that all the support columns have stabilizing cables attached near the top.

IMG_2613.JPG

The top of the iconic pineapple structure is gone now.

IMG_2616.JPG

In case you were wondering what was inside the pineapple....

IMG_2615.JPG

Last edited:

shernernum

Is it me, or are they really taking their time with this demo. It seems almost like they are trying to save some of the structure, but I thought they weren't doing that with this one?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
stupid question - why couldn't they just bulldoze it? This and Disney Quest took forever just to come down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom