News Bongo's at Disney Springs closing later this year

DISR

I love good Cuban food, but this place had about the worst customer service I've experienced at Disney. They completely ignored us for an extended period of time and then seemed genuinely irritated that we were there. Poor customer service really stands out when you are used to just the opposite at Disney. Don't know if it is an ongoing problem with that restaurant, or we just had an off night. Good Cuban food should be a fixture at Disney Springs though. Hopefully another outlet fills the void.

DISR

As a local I've been going to Downtown Disney ever since it opened in the 90s and I never have stepped foot in Bongo's, so, I'm really surprised it lasted this long.
In other words Margaritaville is getting the short end of this deal.

There has been a mini trend of local restaurants popping up there. There has to be another Florida Cuban restaurant that would like to expand to Disney Springs...assuming they can afford the rent and still make money.

DisneyYorkian74

I love good Cuban food, but this place had about the worst customer service I've experienced at Disney. They completely ignored us for an extended period of time and then seemed genuinely irritated that we were there. Poor customer service really stands out when you are used to just the opposite at Disney. Don't know if it is an ongoing problem with that restaurant, or we just had an off night. Good Cuban food should be a fixture at Disney Springs though. Hopefully another outlet fills the void.

I was just about to post that my wife and I had a horrible server the last time we dined there where we were also ignored for an extended period of time... that was back in 2012.

Unfortunately it appears that’s just how the restaurant operates and it’s shocking to think they lasted this long with such poor service.

tissandtully

In other words Margaritaville is getting the short end of this deal.

There has been a mini trend of local restaurants popping up there. There has to be another Florida Cuban restaurant that would like to expand to Disney Springs...assuming they can afford the rent and still make money.
Haven't been over to the new Margaritaville resort yet, is there an area like Disney Springs there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom