Bon Voyage Toontown Fair

Criswell3000

I've only been to DW once, in '08, and I was not really impressed. However, my son was only 10 months old and has since grown into a HUGE Mickey fan. So I will miss being able to point out Mickey's house to him and telling him that is where Mickey Mouse lives. I'll have to go to DL to show him.

flavious27

I just can't understand why they cannot relocate the houses - my kids loved seeing M& M houses (me too). It seems like go over to DHS - make back lot tour a real Toontown and bring in more rides like if Disneyland.

I don't know if that would be the best place for them, I think that it would make sense for them to be relocated to art of animation.

SMRT-1

preview posters were put up for the cast party tonight:

http://www./2011/02/first-look-at-s...ney-farewell-party-for-mickeys-toontown-fair/

Lee

Adventurer
Cute posters.
Like the site says, I'm not sure those will be acutally appearing in the final Storybook Circus lineup.
Goofini...yes.

Some doucmentation I have shows the tents as:
Sideshow Souvineers
Storybook Circus Meet & Greet

But, of course, that could all have changed...

Neverland

My friends are posting pictures of the party. Looks like they had Mickey and the entire gang running around Toontown, creating the rare opportunity to get a picture with Mickey or Minnie in front of their respective houses. I think the Barnstormer might have been running. It also looks like there were a couple of speeches given at the train station, one by who I think is Phil Holmes (can't really see). Cinderella was also there. And at the end, Mickey and friends hopped onto the train and waved goodbye to everyone as it left the station. I would have gone to the party, but unfortunately I'm not in Orlando at the moment. :(

182781_10150100343853449_500998448_6100436_5082259_n.jpg

I don't even like Toontown that much, but I think would have been bawling. :cry:

NiarrNDisney

preview posters were put up for the cast party tonight:

http://www./2011/02/first-look-at-s...ney-farewell-party-for-mickeys-toontown-fair/

Huh! those posters definetly shine a little light on the full concept, I kinda like it! Guess we will see in 2012

flavious27

My friends are posting pictures of the party. Looks like they had Mickey and the entire gang running around Toontown, creating the rare opportunity to get a picture with Mickey or Minnie in front of their respective houses. I think the Barnstormer might have been running. It also looks like there were a couple of speeches given at the train station, one by who I think is Phil Holmes (can't really see). Cinderella was also there. And at the end, Mickey and friends hopped onto the train and waved goodbye to everyone as it left the station. I would have gone to the party, but unfortunately I'm not in Orlando at the moment. :(

182781_10150100343853449_500998448_6100436_5082259_n.jpg

I don't even like Toontown that much, but I think would have been bawling. :cry:

it is sad that disney is removing a land, it isn't in their nature to give up.

Shelby's Dad

What I remember most....

Is that this is where it all started for us. You can say there are no rides and the town isn't that much fun, but when my daughter was 19 months and we went to Magic Kingdom, really to just go with friends, we stood in line to see Winnie the Pooh and Friends.... My daughter, walked up to Pooh and threw her arms around him (and all the other parents said "ahhhhhhh"; WE WERE HOOKED. IT was Pooh first, then as she aged it was Chip and Dale and then Donald and Goofy and then the Princesses and finally Tinkerbell. While, yes, we enjoyed the other areas of the park more for the rides; I will simply never forget Toontown was where we made our first real magic and where it all began for us.

aladdin2007

What I dont understand is, why are they merging storybook circus into fantasyland as one land. They could be advertising it as a brand new land on its own, along with the fantasy expansion. Kinda a loss opportunity there in a way, this was their chance to do a seperate land concept.

Will miss Mickeys house, but was hoping those tents would be gone forever but cant open TDO's change purse too much. :brick:

T-1MILLION

I am still confused how Pete, Mickey, random grimm brothers storybook characters and Goofy have to do with Dumbo's style and take on the circus. There were humans in Dumbo.

Jay & Sue

A sad day for all the small children who enjoyed and loved Mickey and Minnie's houses. I am also sad for all the small children who probably will never get to see them. I will be very dissapointed if the Disney powers to be can not find a new location for them besides the local landfill.:(

flavious27

What I dont understand is, why are they merging storybook circus into fantasyland as one land. They could be advertising it as a brand new land on its own, along with the fantasy expansion. Kinda a loss opportunity there in a way, this was their chance to do a seperate land concept.

Will miss Mickeys house, but was hoping those tents would be gone forever but cant open TDO's change purse too much. :brick:

those tents hold a large shop area, tdo isn't going to remove retail space.

MnDisneyFan

Last Time today

We just got back from the Magic Kingdom. Went today to see Toon Town one last time. You could tell the end was near because they have not rehabbed much lately, looking well worn.

It will be missed but the area was just too small for all the folks who come to visit. It will be nice to see the new area when its all done.

mkbmom

I too will only miss the houses. My DD's are 10, and twin 7 year olds. They have never known the Magic Kingdom without going to those houses to meet their favorite characters. I have pictures from all of their first visits of us as a family sitting on Minnie's couch. The first is just my hubby, me and our first daughter on her first birthday and she was sitting our our laps. The next visit was her sitting in between us and sitting on her own. Then further trips brought her bringing her 6 month old twin sisters to the couch. We had them on our laps for their first visit too. On our last visit (2010) we were all too big for the couch all together so we spread out to the chair and couch. I will miss that "growing" family picture. :(

We are going to Disney World in 15 days and I don't know how they or I will react to not having those houses to visit. I know there are better things to come, but I don't think Circusland is what is needed.

Wonder what they are going to do the first time a clown scares a little kid and then the parents sue Disney for scaring their kid?:rolleyes: Just seems like they should spare everyone the redu and get a better idea before they dump a bunch of money into something that is not going to be as loved as they think it will be.

aladdin2007

I too will only miss the houses. My DD's are 10, and twin 7 year olds. They have never known the Magic Kingdom without going to those houses to meet their favorite characters. I have pictures from all of their first visits of us as a family sitting on Minnie's couch. The first is just my hubby, me and our first daughter on her first birthday and she was sitting our our laps. The next visit was her sitting in between us and sitting on her own. Then further trips brought her bringing her 6 month old twin sisters to the couch. We had them on our laps for their first visit too. On our last visit (2010) we were all too big for the couch all together so we spread out to the chair and couch. I will miss that "growing" family picture. :(

We are going to Disney World in 15 days and I don't know how they or I will react to not having those houses to visit. I know there are better things to come, but I don't think Circusland is what is needed.

Wonder what they are going to do the first time a clown scares a little kid and then the parents sue Disney for scaring their kid?:rolleyes: Just seems like they should spare everyone the redu and get a better idea before they dump a bunch of money into something that is not going to be as loved as they think it will be.

You make a very good point and I agree, but they certainly seem to think otherwise.:shrug: Maybe it will turn out better than how we are percieving it, hopefully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom