Bon Voyage Toontown Fair

rodserling27

The Season 5 Premiere episode of The Thrill Seekers will feature a tour of Toontown Fair, a ride on Goofy's Barnstormer and a ride on Snow White's Scary Adventures just for kicks. Look for that in the coming weeks.
Hahahahaha, nice.

I won't really "miss" ToonTown, I always thought it was a blemish on the MK, no matter what area they tried to theme it as, but I will miss the judges tent. I have VERY fond memories (as an adult, no less) waiting to see Mick with my sister and some friends. I love the cartoon reel they play over and over, though no one seems to think it's as funny as I do.

Interesting note, though, when I was there in January, I stupidly leaned forward to see if I could see the front of Mickey's TV in his house...some alarmed started beeping like crazy, and I froze. WHo knew Mick had home security!! :lol:

The mailboxes in front of Mickey and Minnie's houses, definitely. I have pictures of my children in front of them every trip, and I love seeing their growth over the years in those photos.

Mostly, I will miss seeing my kids run into the houses, giddy with excitement of being in the place where their two favorite mice "live".

I am just not a circus theme fan. Circuses in general just aren't my thing. I am sure my kids will enjoy this, and that's all that matters to me. There are plenty of other things that I enjoy in WDW, I don't need to love every last bit for it to be "perfect".

jt04

Feb 10 2011, the day toontown finally fulfilled the promise of being "temporary".

Good riddance! :wave:

cynic710

I want to share what pictures i have for your enjoyment..sorry for the big size.

n504874904_46089_3022.jpg

n504874904_46093_4585.jpg

n504874904_46098_6430.jpg

n504874904_46101_7334.jpg

cynic710

out of curiousity, do the dates in the above picture of Mickey's bulletin board have any significance? i know imagineers love leaving clues all around, so i thought it might mean something.

JustInTime

I am only sad they are leaving because I feel like what we are getting is sub-par. Dumboland seems really dumb. And I do love the houses. :(

Scar

I just don't get the hate for Toontown. We have enjoyed it for over 9 years and have great memories with everything. All the complaints I have read about new items (theming, connection with history, etc.) are all present at Towntoon. The houses, though not a "ride", are full of fantastic discoveries and lots of great theming.

Oh, well. We will definitely miss it but also look forward to the new Fantasyland. As "Meet the Robinsons" says, Keep Moving Forward.

PorterRedkey

I enjoyed Mickey's Birthdayland. Back then you could only get to it by the train. I think the more remote location made it seem like a special place. Too bad we didn't get all the rides that DL has.

CaptJapan

I still just don't think that replacing ToonTown Fair with Circusland is a good idea.
Our biggest complaints were those ugly tents, not the toon houses. And in the end were getting more tents and no toon houses.
Just seems like a waste and not an improvement.

imagineer boy

I still just don't think that replacing ToonTown Fair with Circusland is a good idea.
Our biggest complaints were those ugly tents, not the toon houses. And in the end were getting more tents and no toon houses.
Just seems like a waste and not an improvement.

I think that pretty much sums it up. :lol:

I just wish we were getting somthing similar to DL's Toon Town instead of a stupid circus land...

CJR

I just wish we were getting somthing similar to DL's Toon Town instead of a stupid circus land...

I'm kind of on board with these people. I like the concept of Toon Town, but felt like it was poorly implemented at Walt Disney World. Circus Land sounds very very lame to me. I'm definitely not in its target demographic. While I do believe the Fantasy Forest adds to the area, the Circus Land just expands Dumbo, a ride I never go on or, in all honesty, care to go on. I know that chunck of land is much smaller than the others in the park, but it's sad Disney can't do something more amazing with it. Unless you count Dumbo's second spinner, there really aren't going to be any new rides in Circusland. They could have almost left it as Toon Town and I wouldn't have cared any more or less.

They should have just put Dumbo in Toon Town, kept the houses, and wait until they can actually turn the land into something a little more exceptional. With the circus theme, it seems a guarantee that it'll be that way for a very long time. I guess I don't have to care, I still won't be heading back there for anything.

WDW_Princess

I loved the way it used to be with the playground area for little kids and the animals all there. I miss that. So whatever they do to it is fine by me. They screwed up what I loved so maybe I will like the new area now. It is all about me and what I want, right?

quirkle

I just can't understand why they cannot relocate the houses - my kids loved seeing M& M houses (me too). It seems like go over to DHS - make back lot tour a real Toontown and bring in more rides like if Disneyland.

JWG

The mailboxes in front of Mickey and Minnie's houses, definitely. I have pictures of my children in front of them every trip, and I love seeing their growth over the years in those photos.

Mostly, I will miss seeing my kids run into the houses, giddy with excitement of being in the place where their two favorite mice "live".

Yes. We have the same pics in front of Minnie's mailbox. Our DD is going to be so upset when she finds out Minnie's house is gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom