Boma or Crystal Palace?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Hi all,
I'm heading back to my happy place in under 140 days and making a few changes to our ADR list. My fiance and I will be flying into Orlando Int'l and should be all checked in to CSR no later than 12:30 and planning to head to MK around 5pm since it is open til midnight. Original we had no reservations and planned to grab a counter service meal but decided we want something more filling for our first night back.

We currently have a reservation for CP at 7:30 but since neither of us really care about the characters but more about the food. So I was thinking of grabbing an earlier ressie for Boma instead then heading straight to MK from AKL. We've never been to either.... never even stepped front in AKL. So which would you choose?

There are also some open ressies for LTT... should we consider that?

Thanks

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Boma is by far a better food experience. CP is about characters and an average buffet that is overpriced. Don't get me wrong, we go to CP but it is about the character experience, not for the food's exceptional quality.

luv

The AKL is close to CSR, so (assuming you have access to a car) it wouldn't be going out of your way too much if you go there before the MK. I would not leave the MK to go to Boma, though. I'd go to LTT or Crystal Palace.

Eating in the park is always easiest, but if you really want to try Boma, do that! When you get the much-lauded Zebra Dome, try one of those little raspberry blobby things, too. Yum!

They are all good places to eat. You can't make a bad choice.:)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ahem Strawberry Panna Cotta, not blobby things ...

But the Soups! Always torn between mushroom or black-eyed pea.

Crystal has decent food, but not something to go out of the way just to experience (unless you've got an affinity for Eeyore like my wife)

dannyboyindc

I've been to Disney perhaps 30 times in my life and have still never tried any of the places at AKL. We're finally staying there in February and really excited to try Boma. With that said, for the characters and being all up in the magic and stuff, CP is a favorite. The food is fine, some items are better than others. My GF said it was the best smoked salmon she's ever had...don't put too much stock into that though ;)

Minnie_girl

Boma...without hesitation. :)
75.gif

acishere

The food at Boma is great. Amazing choices for appetizers, especially the soups. Good carving station when I was there as well. Also gives you an excuse to take a look around the AKL, which is one of the most beautiful hotels on site.

If characters are more important, you could do a lot worse than Crystal Palace. The offerings were decent, but Boma blows it out of the water.

SagamoreBeach

You will LOVE visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge and eating at Boma. Be sure to give yourself enough time to tour the Lodge either before or after your meal. It's a great place to visit and even greater place to stay.

jeffk410

I end up at Boma anywhere between two-three times a vacation. Normally, I only make one ADR, but quickly try to squeeze in another breakfast or dinner. IMO is some of the highest quality food in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom