Boma... opinions please....

tink rules

Original Poster
I just talked to my brother - who likes going to Disney, but even though I tell him alot wouldn't know from nothing... (someday he will listen...) told me that Boma is just like every other breakfast place with a few specialty items....

I know he's wrong... he usually is... I have ressies the first morning I am there...

So tell me what you think and what's your favorite item?

crazygirley

Well, at what "every other" breakfast place can you get frunch, pap, brioche, quinoa porridge, bobotie, cured pork loin, and Kenyan coffee alongside your scrambled eggs and bacon?

Not at Denny's!

CaribDisneyGirl

Boma is by far my favorite breakfast place! My favorite dish is the biscuits and gravy, it's not your typical gravy but it is soo good. The scones are pretty good as well! I don't think I tried anything that I didn't like.
Hope you enjoy!!

RickEff

Well - I did this once with someone at Boma's who thought that the dinner buffet wasn't going to be anything special. I told them that if they went and ate there and still thought the same thing afterward, I'd pay for their dinner.

I didn't pay.:)

tink rules

Original Poster
My brother would let you pay even if he LIKED it... (he's the family cheap skate....)

&&&&&&&&&&&& I love to try new things. I'm looking forwards to it... And I keep seeing the words "Zebra Dome" pop into my mind from time to time...

wannabeBelle

tink rules said:
My brother would let you pay even if he LIKED it... (he's the family cheap skate....)

&&&&&&&&&&&& I love to try new things. I'm looking forwards to it... And I keep seeing the words "Zebra Dome" pop into my mind from time to time...
I dont believe that they serve Zebra Domes at breakfast!!! I adore Boma's breakfast. There is such a great selection and the food is awesome. Dinner, for me was a completely different issue. I Am not very adventurous with my food and a lot of this buffet required that. What I did have wasnt horrible, but as it wasnt really to my tastes for dinner, I probably wouldnt do dinner again. Belle

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
wannabeBelle is pretty much right on in her opinion of Boma. The food there, especially for dinner, can be rather different from the norm. That being said I love Boma for dinner and breakfast. You won't find a selection of eclectic dishes anywhere else at WDW. All the standard kid stuff is there (chicken fingers, mac n cheese etc) so they won't be left out. If you are a little adventurous with your dinning selections you will love Boma if you are not I would skip it.

poohbear6103

I LOVE Boma's for breakfast. We always go a number of times during our trips. My fiancee loves the Pap but I am really impressed with their bread selection. Much more selection and a higher level of quality than a number of other places. They also have a huge selction of fruit and the carving stations are excellent. Even the regular everyday breakfast buffet stuff just seems to taste better. Also, you can't beat their special morning juice. Much better than the bagel and orange juice I have with me now:slurp:

My whole family loves Boma for breakfast AND dinner. That's saying something since my little ones are pretty picky eaters! Dh rates Boma as his favorite WDW restaurant for either meal. I find breakfast here to be much more peaceful than at other locations.

shoppingnut

I Love Boma's for breakfast too. Their muffins and bakery items are excellent far better than anywhere else. And I like some of the different selections as others have mentioned and they also make the omelets to order.

As much as I like Perkins and even Boatright's in PO Riverside, Boma's is far superior in every way shape and form. It's by far not a common buffet by any stretch of the imagination.

Tell your brother this is your vacation too and you want to eat there.

DisneyMarg

crazygirley said:
Well, at what "every other" breakfast place can you get frunch, pap, brioche, quinoa porridge, bobotie, cured pork loin, and Kenyan coffee alongside your scrambled eggs and bacon?

Not at Denny's!

ooooo - I'm hatching a plan:lookaroun My hubby does not like to eat breakfast out. It's cheaper and healthier to eat in the room, so that's what we've always done. But we love Boma for dinner so I might just be able to entice him to go there for breakfast. For those of us who've never been, what are frunch, pap, quinoa porridge, and bobotie? (I can guess at the rest)

Laura

Premium Member
Boma breakfast was awesome!! One of the best - and not even too expensive!

I love the special drink they serve too. :)

tink rules

Original Poster
I got this off of www.allearsnet.com in the menu section of dining....

Frunch is a combination of lemonade, pineapple, guava, orange and papaya Juice.

Pap is a cereal made of white corn meal - I believe Quinoa porridge is also a hot cereal

and

Bobotie is corn beef, eggs, cream, potato and onion.

Sounds good to me!!!! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom