Bodysurfing at Typhoon Lagoon

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
I was just at Typhoon Lagoon on Tuesday and have to say I had a grand old time bodysurfing in wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. I could literally stay in that pool all day and not get sick of it and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

I've been surfing for most of my life, about 20 years. I'm in decent shape and am a solid swimmer, but have never been on a swim team or anything. I was able to swim out to just shy of the buoy rope that keeps people away from the wave machine, paddle for, and catch the wave out there, and ride it, planing on my chest, with my head up out of the water all the way in to where the water was 2 feet deep. I seemed to be the only person there that was doing it. After every wave I was getting compliments and people telling me how good my rides were. I honestly was surprised no one else was doing it because it didn't seem that difficult.

Has anyone else done this, and did you have as much fun as I did? I honestly could have stayed in the pool all day!

luv

Thought about it.

I can swim, but never surfed in my life. I'm always afraid I'd be the dopey, middle-aged lady in there with a bunch of doofus 18yo kids. Doofus kids that I am not related to, that is.

But it is something I've always wanted to try. :)

J_Carioca

Yes. I often wonder why more people aren't bodysurfing. The key is to start paddling long before the wave gets to you. You catch the wave before it crashes over you, and ride it.

I could spend the rest of my life at Typhoon L, never mind all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom