Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

1disneydood

I hope EEA dosen't get too changed. Please don't take my Jamie Lee Curtis movie. :D She's hotter than all of the Norway workforce combined. :slurp:

Epcot82Guy

I will be interested what comes of all this. I also agree that UoE works the way it is, at least for a time. As for WoL, I can't say I will miss it. It never clicked with me for some reason. However, it does present an interesting opportunity. Disney was pretty clear after TT that retrofitting a building was not their plans since it was so difficult. In this case, though, I wonder if they will maintain the dome. Basically WoL was three major buildings: the dome itself and two theater buildings for CC and BW. I hope the dome stays because I think it is a very interesting opportunity for a large interior space that really would fit any theme. Guess we'll find out soon enough if this is indeed true.

dizneycrazy09

Not suprised about WoL at all. But UoE, it kind of shocks me. I'd much rather see HISTA and Imagination go before UoE. But anyway, I hope this I'm not too drastic for saying this, but since WoL and UoE are so close to each other does anyone think it's possible to combine the two plots of land for one huge pavillion and/or ride. I think it's a pretty neat possibility. :sohappy:

speck76

Chape19714 said:
Slowly but Surely, all of Future world is getting a major lift. Started with Test Track, then Mission:Space, then a big Facelift for The Land. The living seas is being worked on as we speak. Had to figure WoL and UoE were coming up. Spaceship earth probally will follow...if i had to guess...and NO, not to a rollercoaster....let's not start anything. Sad to see it go, but it needed to be done. I really like the management at Epcot and how they are slowly transforming the park. Now, if MGM would take some lessons from them and use some of those empty theatres. Different subject entirely. I say goodbye, even the oldest and most classic things get changed (look at the 80s remodling of Fantasyland at DL.)

It actually started with SSE and UoE....it is just approaching their time again

Halfling418

Is this true or just rumor about UoE? Is there just talk of a face-lift or more...it scares me to think that Ellen and Bill Nye could leave...:cry:

DisneyWales

Possible Sponser

A good pharmaceutical sponser would be Phillips, they are trying to raise their corporate profile as a medical technology provider.

They just designed an Open Cat scan machine. So they could provide some capital, at the sametime a showcase of their idea's on the furture of Medical Technology.

They actually provide alot of equipment in the Medical field.

All I can say is...It's about time...The only constant in this world is CHANGE....Epcot, and the rest of Walt Disney World, as far as I am concerned is no different.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the Energy Pavilion and infrastucture is kept I hope it is exploited more than Ellens Energy did - apart from the dinorama, this consists of 3 standard motion pictures that could be shown anywhere - the original played to the pavilions design much more (Radok screens, widescreen visual impacts and theatrical timings, finale with the virtual wrap around etc.)

ToTBellHop

DisneyWales said:
A good pharmaceutical sponser would be Phillips, they are trying to raise their corporate profile as a medical technology provider.

They just designed an Open Cat scan machine. So they could provide some capital, at the sametime a showcase of their idea's on the furture of Medical Technology.

They actually provide alot of equipment in the Medical field.
They could do so much with this...exhibits with fake CTs that kids can walk in front of and see their internal organs...fake x-ray machines...BP machines...I can see the 7 year olds lining up to get their blood pressures read ;)

col

over christmas 2005 i went on body wars for a sit down and i wasnt surprised that it was a walk on coz lets face it -it is old and out dated compared to other rides at epcot, i was just glad to be on a ride that had no queue and i had a seat to sit down.the place where it was put was empty and the food court looked as if it hadnt been opened for years, there was CM's doing hand painting with children and even they looked bored stiff.
the exercise bikes that people could have fun on had covers over them so they couldnt be used, the people in there where sitting on the seats.

in my opinion it looked like a waste of space and i feel terrible saying that but if its going to be put towards something more effective then im all for it!!!

MKCP 1985

bandtrumpet said:
Can someone tell me what WoL is?

dxwwf3 said:
Wonders of Life
Could someone tell me what "Wonders of Life" is?

just kidding! :lol:

Still, it HAS been a while since that pavilion was relevant to a day trip to EPCOT. It had some good attractions, but Disney has closed and replaced better attractions than anything in WoL or Wonders of Life.

I will look forward to seeing what Imagineering comes up with as a replacement. :)

It would be fun to hear General Grizz's thoughts on this final closing. He did a very nice tribute video for the pavilion about a year ago. *sigh*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom