Body Found in Burning Car near Fantasia Mini-Golf (Epcot Resort Area)

This is what happens when you keep growing Walt Disney World. While we don't know the circumstances around the burning body in the car it stands to reason that the bigger you make Walt Disney World and the more bodies you cram onto the property, the more you increase your odds to have a bad element enter your property at some point.

They changed Downtown Disney to keep out the local riff-raff, but that doesn't mean that trouble won't go elsewhere. Walt Disney World is not a secure property...though maybe it should be.

I suggested to Disney a few years back about a way to screen vehicles before they come onto the property. Allow regular visitors to go to Disney Springs, but stop them from going into the resort areas and parks before a security pre-screening and vehicle check prior to entry.
Exiting and returning to the property after the initial check can be as simple as getting onto the hotel resorts by using your magic band because you have already been screened.

That would also eliminate or severely reduce the need for baggage checks and long security lines at the parks since people will have already gone through perimeter screening.

The bigger WDW gets, the more dangerous it will become.

And now I fully expect some people to attack me on here because that's what people do on this site sadly.

Firstly the size of Disney doesn't matter. Both Disneyland and WDW have had HUGE incidents during their early years, so to say because of the company growth, more attendance etc is completely wrong. As for WDW is not a secure property, please tell me where in the world is a secure property? As for screening vehicles, why? There is currently no need to inspect vehicles!

"The bigger WDW gets, the more dangerous it will become" Really??? Toy Storyland has just opened, does WDW seem anymore dangerous? God help us when Star Wars land opens!! And if ever and i mean ever WDW opens another park then i am definitely wearing my bulletproof vest next time i visit.

Ps this is not an attack. Just my opinion on your post.

EPICOT

Nothing good happens after 10pm....unless you've imbibed...and even then you got a 20% shot (at least anything you'd want to remember)......after further review I'll stick with 10pm .....(there could be an argument for 9:45pm).....unless of course it was a EMH night.

Nothing good happens after 10pm.... because that’s when the parks close even during peak season!

Tony the Tigger

This is what happens when you keep growing Walt Disney World. While we don't know the circumstances around the burning body in the car it stands to reason that the bigger you make Walt Disney World and the more bodies you cram onto the property, the more you increase your odds to have a bad element enter your property at some point.

They changed Downtown Disney to keep out the local riff-raff, but that doesn't mean that trouble won't go elsewhere. Walt Disney World is not a secure property...though maybe it should be.

I suggested to Disney a few years back about a way to screen vehicles before they come onto the property. Allow regular visitors to go to Disney Springs, but stop them from going into the resort areas and parks before a security pre-screening and vehicle check prior to entry.
Exiting and returning to the property after the initial check can be as simple as getting onto the hotel resorts by using your magic band because you have already been screened.

That would also eliminate or severely reduce the need for baggage checks and long security lines at the parks since people will have already gone through perimeter screening.

And now I fully expect some people to attack me on here because that's what people do on this site sadly.

:rolleyes:

EricsBiscuit

Didnt Walt say that?
IMG_6018.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
The initial screen is done, but a random search of specific vehicles or an overall vehicle scan upon return can suffice after people leave and return. That's how military bases do it, especially on ThreatCon

I’m not military, but I suspect there are a limited number of people who are permitted to enter a military base.

How do you propose they pre-screen people? You can book a Disney resort with a name, address and CC number. You only need to add names for others in the room.

And only maybe 25-35% of guests to WDW will be staying onsite.

What specifics changed, other than the nice facelift, from downtown Disney to Disney Springs in way of managing the riff-raff? I’ve always been interested in development standards to help manage crowd control and safety.

Prince-1

I’ll be happy to attack your hypothesis because it makes zero sense. And I’m surprised that Disney didn’t go for your brilliant plan of having guests cycle through DS to be pre-screened. Maybe try again as it’s a winner.

Goofy213

I don't believe Disney's growth is the rising cause, as it has been said this is not the first incident. Unfortunate events have hapened since Magic Kingdom originally opened, what has changed is the media. The media nowadays is looking for anything negative and bad to destroy the image of the innocent and good. Now with the internet that information just travels faster and further. The real concern should ultimately fall on the poor victim and their family.

Jack Skeleton

With a high guest level the likely hood of something bad does rise. That's just the math of it but realistically they are not going to check all the vehicles. Can you logistics nightmare. Oh and Disney does not care about keeping "riff-raff" out. They are happy to take any money.

Nubs70

I’m not military, but I suspect there are a limited number of people who are permitted to enter a military base.

How do you propose they pre-screen people? You can book a Disney resort with a name, address and CC number. You only need to add names for others in the room.

And only maybe 25-35% of guests to WDW will be staying onsite.
Have people get background checks and charge for a WDW Precheck Program similar to TSA PreCheck, Nexus or Global Entry programs.

Personal data then can also be mined and sold to Disney Predictive Marketing customers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom