Boca Chica building refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

James Alucobond

Anyone know if the pace on this is set to accelerate? They just forcibly booted me from a February reservation in the main building that I'd made as soon as bookings originally opened. Figured I was safe because they'd been taking months at a time on the outbuildings, but alas.

I thought they'd only just moved on to Conch Key.

plutofan15

Anyone know if the pace on this is set to accelerate? They just forcibly booted me from a February reservation in the main building that I'd made as soon as bookings originally opened. Figured I was safe because they'd been taking months at a time on the outbuildings, but alas.

I thought they'd only just moved on to Conch Key.
Forcibly?

James Alucobond

I suppose I just mean that they gave me no choice in the matter and presented a pretty high-pressure option of a resort I don't prefer as the only path forward and essentially said I needed to act day-of to secure it. They also tried to pass it off as a parallel move when the room obviously wasn't equivalent.

plutofan15

I suppose I just mean that they gave me no choice in the matter and presented a pretty high-pressure option of a resort I don't prefer as the only path forward and essentially said I needed to act day-of to secure it. They also tried to pass it off as a parallel move when the room obviously wasn't equivalent.
Curious as to what you were forced to take.

James Alucobond

I gave them three other options I was willing to switch to, but they said they were also unavailable and that there was essentially no hope they would become available. I wound up in the Contemporary, which I really don't prefer, but I was coordinating this trip with someone else and couldn't really switch dates or anything of the sort.

CntrlFlPete

not sure how far along they are -- I can share what I could see from the MK monorail station on 11/1/22:

gfroof.jpg

Weather_Lady

I gave them three other options I was willing to switch to, but they said they were also unavailable and that there was essentially no hope they would become available. I wound up in the Contemporary, which I really don't prefer, but I was coordinating this trip with someone else and couldn't really switch dates or anything of the sort.
That stinks. Unless they gave you a tower room with a view (or a hefty discount), a room at the Contemporary would almost certainly be a less valuable room than what you had at GF.

Regardless, I hope you have a great trip!

Last edited:

kane47

Rehab work has started on the Sugar Loaf building. Does anyone know if they plan to return club level to this building?

kane47

Did the club lounge in the Sugar Loaf building survived? Was it eliminated and turned into a normal lobby like they other Grand Floridian buildings? Does anyone know or have pictures?

G&CsMom

Did the club lounge in the Sugar Loaf building survived? Was it eliminated and turned into a normal lobby like they other Grand Floridian buildings? Does anyone know or have pictures?

The club lounge in Sugar Loaf was indeed removed. I have seen pictures and confirmation of this on another website. Sugar Loaf will no longer be club level accommodations.

FWIW, all of the outer building refurbs are now complete. The refurb on the main building was set to begin June 1.

kane47

The club lounge in Sugar Loaf was indeed removed. I have seen pictures and confirmation of this on another website. Sugar Loaf will no longer be club level accommodations.

FWIW, all of the outer building refurbs are now complete. The refurb on the main building was set to begin June 1.
Thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom