News Bobby Mouse needs his cut.. (Price Increase)

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-prices-increase-20190106-story.html

Only months before the opening of its $1-billion Star Wars expansion, the Disneyland Resort announced price increases of up to 25% for daily tickets, annual passes and parking.
The increases, which took effect Sunday, come less than a year after the resort adopted price hikes of up to 18%. Under the latest increases, the cheapest daily ticket will be more than $100. Daily parking prices are rising to $25 from $20 — a 25% increase.
Disneyland’s annual ritual of charging more is partly aimed at crowd control, although price hikes in the last few years have not diminished the throngs at Disneyland and its neighboring California Adventure Park.
Disneyland expects visitor demand to hit new heights when it opens its newest area, dubbed Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, this summer. The 14-acre expansion will feature two attractions, including a ride that lets visitors pilot the Millennium Falcon, the spaceship flown by Han Solo in the “Star Wars” movies.
Park representatives declined to discuss how they plan to handle the expected surge of visitors.
“We continue to provide our guests with a variety of ticket offerings to meet their needs, while helping us to spread visitation, better manage demand and deliver a great experience,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Liz Jaeger said.
To help manage the crowds, the resort adopted “demand” pricing in 2016, with lower prices on days when demand is lower and higher prices on weekends and holidays. An analysis by The Times showed that the new prices didn’t shorten attraction wait times.
Starting Sunday, a one-day, one-park ticket for Disneyland or California Adventure park rises to $104 from $97 for low-demand days, such as weekdays in May. That is a 7.2% increase. Meanwhile, the consumer price index for the 12-month period ended in November rose 2.2%.
A ticket for regular-demand days will rise to $129 from $117, a 10.3% increase. The price of a ticket on peak-demand days will rise to $149 from $135, a 10.4% increase.
For annual passes, the least-expensive “Southern California Select Pass,” which blocks out all weekends, most of the summer months as well as a big part of the fall and winter holidays, will cost $399, up from $369, or 8.1% more.
Disney representatives said more days would be blocked out for most annual passes in 2019 versus last year but they declined to be more specific. Instead, they directed such queries to the online block-out calendar.
Based on the latest calendar, 211 days are blocked out for the next 12 months for Southern California Select Pass holders, up from 202 days in the previous 12 months.
For the “Deluxe Pass,” which includes admission to both parks on select days, customers pay $799, up from $729, a 9.6% increase.
For the most expensive pass, the “Premier Pass,” which includes parking, access to both parks and no block-out days, the price rose to $1,949 from $1,579, a 23.4% increase.
The MaxPass, a digital ride-reservation system that guests upload to their smartphones, will be priced at $15, up from $10, or 50% more.

Or, to make things easier..

Here's a chart from Micechat, posted in another thread by @Travel Junkie

https://micechat.com/213713-disneyland-ticket-increase-2019/

1546795314067.png

1546795331019.png

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is why I go to Knotts Berry Farm

I should consider visiting the other attractions in California. Usually we only go for Disney.

On an unrelated note, i'm pretty happy that my Homeowners Association, property tax and homeowners insurance all went up. Everything except my income of course. 2019 is looking like a great year. And now my garage door isn't working anymore :facepalm:

NateD1226

I should consider visiting the other attractions in California. Usually we only go for Disney.

On an unrelated note, i'm pretty happy that my Homeowners Association, property tax and homeowners insurance all went up. Everything except my income of course. 2019 is looking like a great year. And now my garage door isn't working anymore :facepalm:
Knotts is a really nice change. Its mostly rollercoaster but they are all so much fun. I will be at Knotts on the opening of SW:GE because Knotts will be a ghost town lol.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Knotts is a really nice change. Its mostly rollercoaster but they are all so much fun. I will be at Knotts on the opening of SW:GE because Knotts will be a ghost town lol.

I think you have a great point lol. If I remember correctly, Knotts had the dragster launch coaster correct? I've been there once many years ago.

Pun intended, I hope

I'm so glad I got to quote you on this in time. Because that right there is funny I don't care who you are.

choco choco

• I don't mind the price increases, and I feel MaxPass should have been increased more - the execs should have started the discussion at $30 and I don't think $45 is unreasonable.

• I wish any of this price increase would be reflected in CM pay increase and overall quality of the parks, but obviously that's too much to ask.

• The drop-off areas should be increased or redesigned as well, to give people an option to get to the park without having to park and pay the parking fees.

• I'm guessing these aren't going to be the prices for Star Wars Land. There will be another increase in about six months time right before it opens. Although it would be fair to only increase Disneyland one days, since there's no way to justify charging that price for DCA.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ya’ll enjoy!

I’ll be preparing for my Italy trip in the meantime.

What gets me, is that we are paying a solid amount of money for all the execs to pat their back thinking "Pixar Pier" and "Mission Breakout" are the best things ever created for Disney. I can't help but feel a little responsible for enabling these re-skins and changes, even though I've been a vocal opponent.

mickEblu

Wow usually we hear rumblings of these increases a few days before they happen. I was prepared for a February increase. My pass expired in November and I’m starting to be OK with the thought of just going to DL 1-2 times a year like when I was a kid. I’ll probably just buy a day ticket to see SWL. Between the crowds, these prices and a toddler who really limits our ride options on most trips (unless we have additional family/ friends with us) I can’t justify these prices. Not for Dumbo, Teacups, Casey Jr, and IASW over and over and over again. And it’s all good because I’ll have my AP knowledge to pick the perfect day(s) to go. Maybe even use some of the money I’m saving and stay onsite.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Wait!? Do my eyes deceive me, or is there an actual multi-day ticket sale on the Disneyland.com website that non so cal residents can purchase?!

I see nothing in the fine print specifying I must be a resident.

1546797193491.png

A five day park hopper for my family of four would cost $1580, with this discount the price drops to: $1156! Plus they let me add maxpass for $50 bucks a 5 day ticket which is still at the old $10 price. Dang, that's darn right reasonable. I hope they do this again next year! I wonder when this sale was released does anyone know?

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Wow usually we hear rumblings of these increases a few days before they happen. I was prepared for a February increase. My pass expired in November and I’m starting to be OK with the thought of just going to DL 1-2 times a year like when I was a kid. I’ll probably just buy a day ticket to see SWL. Between the crowds, these prices and a toddler who really limits our ride options on most trips (unless we have additional family/ friends with us) I can’t justify these prices. Not for Dumbo, Teacups, Casey Jr, and IASW over and over and over again.

I think going once or twice a year will help you and your family enjoy it more. There is definitely a pull towards the allure of being able to go anytime, but at a certain point, it would start getting old and less exciting for anyone. I bet you'll start to look forward to and anticipate visits much more now. And your son will too.

Californian Elitist

What gets me, is that we are paying a solid amount of money for all the execs to pat their back thinking "Pixar Pier" and "Mission Breakout" are the best things ever created for Disney. I can't help but feel a little responsible for enabling these re-skins and changes, even though I've been a vocal opponent.

I think the bigger issue is the so-called “fans” who literally enjoy any and everything Disney puts out. There are plenty of people out here on social media who think Pixar Pier is the greatest thing ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom