News Boba Fett and Fennec Shand coming to Galaxy's Edge starting May 28th

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Din Djarin and Grogu will be coming at a later date -

"Greetings from Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim where some of my fellow Imagineers, Lucasfilm colleagues and I just finished a panel called “From a Galaxy Far, Far Away to a Disney Park Near You” and we shared some exciting new developments about Star Wars at Disney Parks.

The legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand will soon stake a claim in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park. Starting tomorrow, May 28th, visitors may find themselves encountering these two attempting to remain in the shadows around Black Spire outpost. Din Djarin, known as the Mandalorian, and Grogu, the child who found protection with Mando, also will journey to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park at a later date. Mando, Grogu and their journey together can be seen in the first two seasons of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+."

"We are committed to the long history of Batuu and the collection of amazing characters who inhabit the outpost including our legacy characters and original characters and know that we will feel the same about new and future characters from the ever-expanding galaxy of Star Wars storytelling. While we as visitors may be able to experience different stories throughout Star Wars history, the characters on Batuu can not. They will remain in their specific story and timeline and won’t intersect with other characters or stories that would not be appropriate for them."

Editing to add video Disney Parks provided -

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Avengers Campus wannabe.

;)

:D

Coincidentally (there are no coincidences), I was reading "The Art of Galaxy's Edge" book literally this morning (how else would one read but literally? lol). It's quite a fascinating read whether you like the place or not. #Inerdimagineering All of the choices made for GE were the polar opposites of AC (beyond both being blank slate locations - and the budgets were seemingly polar opposites too lol). Locked vs. unlocked timeline. Virtually none of the characters people wanted to see vs. all of them. No updates to the land once RotR opened vs. monthly new additions. Merch locked strictly to the location and "handmade" toys vs. merch from anywhere in the multiverse featuring all of the recognizable characters. CM's as characters vs. characters as characters. lol Bizarre food choices vs.... okay never mind. :D

However, likely seeing the HUGE popularity of characters at AC, the locked timeline at GE may have finally been broken.

I blame Loki. :D

I still probably won't visit GE for the new characters as I have really bad associations with the place (my first visit right after it opened, a Stormtrooper thought it would be funny to sneak up behind me, put his arm against my back and shove me out of his way while shouting "MOVE!" - yes, I reported it at City Hall, no they didn't do anything about it, and yes, I still have back problems years later from where he pushed me). But I think adding characters and breaking their locked timeline is a Very Good Thing nonetheless.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
disney is literally doing away with the whole timeline aspect, but only in a "if i can't see another character they don't exist" way

what even
The timeline is stupid…the backstory is stupid

They need to drop the crap…go with what has always worked and sold now HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS worth of product for 45 years…

And get to work adding/augmenting those lands.

No BS.

“THAT is the way”

mickEblu

I’m so glad it’s not face character Boba Fett.

I’m hoping for a computerized(?) voice for the Mandalorian like the Storm Troopers and Kylo Ren. It has to be right?

Now we need C-3PO, Yoda, Darth Vader, random droids/ aliens, Ewoks and the modal nodes playing music in the cantina and throughout the land. Oh ya give me a Watto AA barking at us from the scrapyard area next to the coke stand. And why isn’t R2D2 out more?

Last edited:

mickEblu

Avengers Campus wannabe.

;)

:D

Coincidentally (there are no coincidences), I was reading "The Art of Galaxy's Edge" book literally this morning (how else would one read but literally? lol). It's quite a fascinating read whether you like the place or not. #Inerdimagineering All of the choices made for GE were the polar opposites of AC (beyond both being blank slate locations - and the budgets were seemingly polar opposites too lol). Locked vs. unlocked timeline. Virtually none of the characters people wanted to see vs. all of them. No updates to the land once RotR opened vs. monthly new additions. Merch locked strictly to the location and "handmade" toys vs. merch from anywhere in the multiverse featuring all of the recognizable characters. CM's as characters vs. characters as characters. lol Bizarre food choices vs.... okay never mind. :D

However, likely seeing the HUGE popularity of characters at AC, the locked timeline at GE may have finally been broken.

I blame Loki. :D

I still probably won't visit GE for the new characters as I have really bad associations with the place (my first visit right after it opened, a Stormtrooper thought it would be funny to sneak up behind me, put his arm against my back and shove me out of his way while shouting "MOVE!" - yes, I reported it at City Hall, no they didn't do anything about it, and yes, I still have back problems years later from where he pushed me). But I think adding characters and breaking their locked timeline is a Very Good Thing nonetheless.

Rides vs no Rides. Lol

But yeah you re right. It’s completely opposite

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m so glad it’s not face character Boba Fett.

I’m hoping for a computerized(?) voice for the Mandalorian like the Storm Troopers and Kylo Ren. It has to be right?

Now we need C-3PO, Yoda, Darth Vader, random droids/ aliens, Ewoks and the modal nodes playing music in the cantina and throughout the land. Oh ya give me a Watto AA barking at us from the scrapyard area next to the coke stand. And why isn’t R2D2 out more?
Because people love him and Bob Iger can’t take credit for drawing him on a sketch pad in 1975???

You know who actually was doing creative work for abc then? The guy before

No Name

Once again, I don’t see how the timeline is an issue for Mando, Grogu, or Boba Fett. A character under a mask can still look exactly the same 25 years into the future. A character that ages 10x slower than humans can still look the same 25 years into the future. That leaves Fennec Shand left, and newsflash! Nobody really cares! But Mando and Grogu should’ve been in the land 3 years ago and it’s baffling and ridiculous that it’s taken this long.

Glad they finally will be.

Purduevian

Once again, I don’t see how the timeline is an issue for Mando, Grogu, or Boba Fett. A character under a mask can still look exactly the same 25 years into the future. A character that ages 10x slower than humans can still look the same 25 years into the future. That leaves Fennec Shand left, and newsflash! Nobody really cares! But Mando and Grogu should’ve been in the land 3 years ago and it’s baffling and ridiculous that it’s taken this long.

Glad they finally will be.
FYI Boba and Mando would both be in their 70s. Grogu would be 75... just remember Yoda became a jedi master at age 100. Seems like grogu won't be a baby considering it takes 10-20 years just to become a knight

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom