Bob Iger: "We Don't Believe We Have A Pricing Issue At Our Domestic Parks"

wendysue

I have not been there for two years because of the price increases
I was sad for awhile and kept looking and trying to make it work...but now the "want" has faded and I'm not sure I really care any longer. I found a room at the Clarion LBV for 421.00 for 6 nights in Sept. and booked it because we have Southwest plane fare already from a previously cancelled trip. We have 2 day WDW park tickets to use before the end of the year and I don't really want to let them expire, so will just take a shuttle from the LBV to the parks, use them up and be done with it.

Smiley/OCD

This is just the start of a small snow ball that will turn into a huge Ice boulder.
Look at DL SWGE....its a ghost town now.
Sure profits are up, but with declining repeat customers this might effect their bottom line.
Meanwhile, many people on forums around the globe can say, "we told you so"........
Unfortunately, WDW doesn't really care for the non-DVC repeat customers...first time families are going to spend WAY more $$$ than a repeat guest.

eliza61nyc

This is just the start of a small snow ball that will turn into a huge Ice boulder.
Look at DL SWGE....its a ghost town now.
Sure profits are up, but with declining repeat customers this might effect their bottom line.
Meanwhile, many people on forums around the globe can say, "we told you so"........
Lol anybody who even thinks to gloat about a 3% dip in 1 quarter is delusional.
The best I think folks can hope for is a softening of the economy. Crowds will effect Disney parks easy before price increases will.

Animaniac93-98

The quote in the thread title was directed at investors and analysts. It was a public PR statement intended to assure people that management has the situation under control and there is no cause for concern over any decline in attendance in the past quarter.

That may be how management feels in private...or not. We don't know for sure, so it's hard to argue whether the attitude is justified. As I said in another thread, it would be highly unlikely that Disney would state in public "yes, prices are too high for Disneyland". That would not only spread dissatisfaction with investors, it would trigger a series of viral, click-bait bad publicity over "Disneyland is Too Expensive - and the CEO Thinks So". Disney doesn't want that. Ever.

However, it's safe to say that with multiple box office successes and the opening of a major attraction based on one of their top brands, Disney was hoping for anything but a drop in their stock price and attendance. That has to be a disappointment for them, short term or not.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Unfortunately, WDW doesn't really care for the non-DVC repeat customers...first time families are going to spend WAY more $$$ than a repeat guest.
I can honestly tell you that even as a DVC member for 10 years I've always felt like a second class citizen. I feel like with us Disney knows they sorta "have us" but they want all those that aren't "hooked" they just wanna try and appeal to them. I've talked to a lot of DVC members that feel the same.

Todd H

I was finding it harder and harder to justify spending that much money and then my son told me after our June trip "Dad I'm tired of Disney." So now I am finally free of yearly trips to WDW! He wants to go back to the mountains next summer which should save me over $5000 easily. I can spend the savings on home improvements or paying some bills.

I thought I would be sad about possibly not going back but honestly the magic I remember from my childhood is long gone. It just feels like a chore these days. Scheduling every single second of our vacation is beyond tedious. And the constant price increases and Disney finding new ways to nickle and dime me to death have gone too far. So to those that still enjoy going have fun! Hopefully us no longer going makes a little room for someone else.

eliza61nyc

I can honestly tell you that even as a DVC member for 10 years I've always felt like a second class citizen. I feel like with us Disney knows they sorta "have us" but they want all those that aren't "hooked" they just wanna try and appeal to them. I've talked to a lot of DVC members that feel the same.
can you explain? what do you think you deserve?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
can you explain? what do you think you deserve?

I'm not sure that "deserve" is the word I would use. But I'd go with "expect". Disney is all about expectations and exceeding those expectations. At least it was.

A while back, one poster alluded to the fact that the fabled Disney Customer Service is no longer what it used to be. Which I agree. I don't think that its because other companies necessarily "caught up", I think it more so that Disney dropped back into the pack.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It’s people like me who went from 4-6 days a year in the parks plus a possible weekend visit to now only 2 because of the prices. And I stay off property and spend more time at Orange Lake do to it.

eliza61nyc

I'm not sure that "deserve" is the word I would use. But I'd go with "expect". Disney is all about expectations and exceeding those expectations. At least it was.

A while back, one poster alluded to the fact that the fabled Disney Customer Service is no longer what it used to be. Which I agree. I don't think that its because other companies necessarily "caught up", I think it more so that Disney dropped back into the pack.

So I admit, my interaction with customer service is very limited. I'm a dvc member, just took a trip last August. stayed at OKW. cast members were fabulous. they were smiley, happy said good morning etc. when I ate at Olivia's the servers were excellent. attentive without being over bearing, got the order correct, answered all our questions about dishes and gave their opinion when asked.
Now in the parks I have even less interactions. I get on the rides. I have read of folks getting surly cm's especially at the quick service locations but I've never come across that.
Not sure what else I expect. I expect a clean gorgeous room. Check went one year and had an issue because of smokers on the balcony but we went downstairs and explained our issue and it was taken care of.
now as far as being made to feel like "2nd class citizens". that is interesting to me. what is expected that the poster did not receive.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Then Whirlpool bought them and just slapped the Maytag name on Whirpool washers and quality plummeted as Whirpool level washers only last 5 years.
Really? Our Maytag washer is 10 years old and still going strong. We just had to replace the drum rollers in our matching dryer.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hmm, having been a DVC member quite a bit longer than that, please tell us why you felt like a second class citizen? We've never felt that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom