News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Josh Hendy

Theres a lot of data to be had. And while much of this may sound trivial and unimportant, companies have been able to extrapolate quite a bit of information from what they’ve collected. Even to the point where they could know somebody has Parkinson’s before they’ve been diagnosed, simply from their scrolling movements.
Good for those companies. They're probably breaking criminal laws by collecting unauthorized medical information and selling it to drug companies. But what the hey this is the 2020s, nowadays we brag to shareholders about spying on our customers.

FrankLapidus

But my point stands, what exactly can he do for creative at the parks anymore? New blood will be in that position.

And it could be someone with the exact same philosophy as Chapek.

Hopefully this works out well for the parks and someone with some modicum of creativity and ambition gets the job; on the other hand, Chapek obviously feels that his way of running the parks does work so it’s very plausible that nothing changes under his successor and the parks just carry on as they have under Chapek’s watch.

ImperfectPixie

My bad. You are correct.

It appears there is an expose breaking today about ABCNews actively covering up aspects of Jeffery Epstein. A veteran correspondent has been suspended. Chapek gets a nice crisis management turdball first day on the job.
Maybe that was the reason for Iger’s immediate step down? I’m not sure, but this entire thing seems like an uphill battle for Chapek.
As head of ABC, this could very well explain Iger's move.
I'm not seeing anything from any really trustworthy sources on this...Project Veritas themselves, Washington Post, Daily Beast, and Newser are it so far.

BromBones

HOORAY!!! So in a few years WDW will stop looking like a construction zone.
And we will actually start getting really creative and innovative rides not just DVC Hotels, restaurants and boxy, gray ugly parking garages that don't at all fit with the them of the Disney Springs Outlet Mall.

The Grand Inquisitor

1582728490893.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
My bad. You are correct.

It appears there is an expose breaking today about ABCNews actively covering up aspects of Jeffery Epstein. A veteran correspondent has been suspended. Chapek gets a nice crisis management turdball first day on the job.
Not for nothing but former TWDC Chairman of the Board George Mitchell was named by at least one of Epstein's accusers.

lazyboy97o

Iger stepping into a sort of senior statesman role would not be happening if he was trying to run from some sort of scandal. This doesn’t insulate him.

Political fancies, which have long been held, or health concerns seem like a more likely motivation to make the switch so suddenly. That is still largely baseless speculation based only on years of promises for an orderly process that most would assume wouldinvolve announcing a succesor and timeline, not a sudden change one Tuesday in February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom