News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Nubs70

On the investor call linked in this thread and available for anyone to listen to, Iger states that he - as his new ~Executive Chairman~ role - will be intending to oversee the creative plans for Disney while Chapek learns to negotiate the business of running the company.

As much as I'm happy that I dumped my stock a week ago due to Corona, this perspective makes sense. The other posters arguing that if Chapek is a disaster then Iger may step back in are likely correct, in my opinion.

I do expect Iger to cash in his stock before it takes a beating, but this transition period leaves me hopeful. I do think that Iger has a hope to be remembered as one of Disney's great leaders, and for him to let it fall apart in the handoff doesn't ring true for me. I think that he does plan to make sure that Chapek knows what he's doing, or to support his ouster if needed.

Keeping my fingers crossed...which is about all that we can do...:(
Iger handed this thing off like a dirty diaper.

MagicWDI

Report from where?
"Mr. Chapek assumed the role of CEO on February 25, 2020 and reports to the Company’s Executive Chairman, Robert A. Iger, and the Board of Directors."

- Walt Disney Company

flynnibus

Premium Member
:depressed:

This is absolutely bizarre. For years now Iger has said he is going to be leaving and then extending his tenure. He repeatedly promised a planned and orderly leadership transition. An immediate change doesn’t align at all with that past behavior.

Iger still leading creativity is at least a good laugh.

I'm sure his leading the board, along with an inside promotion is his 'orderly transition...'

Seabasealpha1

Bob for Bob.

I pray that someone who’s a true parks fan gets that gig...not just another clueless bean counter...

(praying) “...please Lord Jeebus...help a Disnerd out...”

4495298A-FD7B-40E5-B042-3C4FFE147C5C.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It also drove millions to Disney+.

It's the kind of problem Disney is happy to have financially, I'm sure.

Their ESPN holdings, on the other hand...

It’s underachieving...that’s not what Disney wants.

As far as espn goes...blame Iger. He rode the cable gravy train until it was nearly collapse...the reality is he sat and took easy money when Disney + should have been established and building the market years ago.

People forget Netflix was a mail in movie rental not all that long ago.

Lilofan

Who's going now to run parks and resorts with Chapek promoted to puppet CEO directly reporting to Iger? Former WDW President George Kalogridis who has a "special projects" job is one to consider.

ThatMouse

He's not going to cash out of his stock. He will do it overtime to diversify, but cashing out means he would have to pay taxes on all of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom