News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Captain Neo

Iger is smart. He knows what’s going on in China and Hong Kong spells bad news and the price hikes and Star Wars land attendance isn’t sustainable. He also wants to avoid Eisners fate.

So now he gets To quickly go out on top and can kick back and blame the new CEO for everything that’s going to go wrong in the next few years alongside shareholders and the board AND keep his comfy salary going on the side.

tirian

Well, there it goes.

There’s no positive way to look at this.

I know everyone here has different opinions about modern Disney Parks, but we can all agree that it’s bad to have constant price increases (tickets, hotels, dining, merch, etc.) combined with budget cuts, maintenance cuts, and nonstop upcharges. Welcome to Chapek’s Disney Conglomerate.

tirian

Reminder that the stock will probably drop as it the case with any news like this... and then go back to normal. Let’s not get hysterical.
True. The investors who questioned Eisner’s cost-cutting tactics and Disney’s lack of creativity don’t seem to care anymore. As long as Disney owns the majority of IPs, Wall Street keeps its mouth shut.

aladdin2007

I can’t believe TWDC couldn’t find someone great to replace Bob. Maybe someone who was actually more timeless and more Disney would have served us al well here.

I cant help but think, sadly, that whoever it is will be recommended by Chapek and come from his team, so he can have a yes man in charge and henchman to do what he wants at the parks.

edit: in terms of a new parks and resorts chair....but I realize now thats not really what you referring to,,but still..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom