News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm hearing B. Chapek will be reporting to B. Iger. Iger will also be maintaining creative input during the remainder of his contract as executive chairman.
That is neither realistic nor possible in a public company.

Corporate bylaws must be observed in a public company. The new CEO cannot report to the former CEO who just invented a new title not defined.

That works in the Russian “parliament”...not in Burbank or on Wall St
Keep in mind that the individual studios are run by others. This won't change what Feige is doing, or Kennedy (or her successor). Pixar should also be untouched because Chapek doesn't know jack about animation.

...now here we go...I bet it won’t be JJ Abrams. 🤪

aladdin2007

I'm wondering whether his new distance from the parks will have him less closely connected to where those resources are allocated. That would be the best case scenario. Worst case...well I think I better ride the likes of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, and possibly Tower of Terror while I still can, because "give resources to the parks" isn't necessarily a good thing (historically Chapek was more into over-budgeted replacements than new builds). Either way you're right, I think we'll see more parks investment than we did under Iger.

My pick for DPEP is Josh D'Amaro.

But he just took on the role of WDW pres, would they change that already??

EvilChameleon

There's only one Bob I care about...

bobbow.gif

Stripes

Its more because he has forced heavy cuts into parks and resorts. IP would be happening regardless. Chapek is the one messing with budgets.
Under Chapek, the parks are investing massively in new projects. Quite frankly, the reasons to hate Chapek are: (1) more IP and (2) price increases. But capital investment is quite strong. Stronger than it has been in decades.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Under Chapek, the parks are investing massively in new projects. Quite frankly, the reasons to hate Chapek are: (1) more IP and (2) price increases. But capital investment is quite strong. Stronger than it has been in decades.
DCA wasn’t cheap either. But when you have one coaster worth nearly half a billion you have to question where is the money going and is it being well spent.

Kamikaze

Just. No. They're investing in the parks because they have to. Cutting hours and spreading budget is Chapek's deal.

Watching on CNBC.... Chapek looks like he's been beaten.... No smile... Amost a frown

Thats just what he looks like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom