News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

the.dreamfinder

This is weirdly good for Parks. I think everyone is seriously overlooking that. A CEO that came from Parks, and knows their profitability will give resources to Parks. A person that is really intense about quarter over quarter gains, and was bad operationally, is going to have less of an impact from higher up the corporate ladder. Plus, this gives the opportunity for someone with actual parks opportunity to fill into DPEP. As for who fills that role, Colglaizer and Potrock come to mind as people that seem to be in a good position to fill the role.
Those folks see Parks as an ATM that dumb people give money to.

Last edited:

trainplane3

~WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER~
What a fitting song.
First of all, this succession was pretty well-known. This shouldn't surprise any of us. Those of you preaching another lost Disney decade might well be proven right. I'm going to expect the worst but hope for the best. Time will tell.
It's not so much the succession, it's the timing. Quite literally out of nowhere.

durangojim

Something I found interesting was Iger's admiration or appreciation for Chapek. I think it was in Iger's book where he name-checked Chapek specifically about his handling of the death of the boy by the alligator at the Grand Floridian. I remember reading that and thinking I'll bet Iger wants him as the next CEO. Chapek was also featured a fair amount in the later episodes of the Imagineering story. Maybe Chapek will have a change of heart and not be as bad as we think he'll be. I'm not counting on it but I am willing to give him some benefit of the doubt.

glimmerman76

Bob I. remaining as an executive means this is essentially a probationary period for Chapek. If things go to hell they can re-instate Iger as Interim CEO while conducting an external search.
Exactly.. Bob I is going to be around till the end of 2021 to make sure the other Bob does not screw it up. Its sudden because they need to do it today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom