News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

jrhwdw

I'd like to congratulate Bob Chapek for being the best possible example of failing upwards... I look forward to Target being a part of Epcot and no original attractions for the rest of my life.
Last time I Checked Target WASN'T going into EPCOT!! Let's not put bad info on Here!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's bizarre but it also makes sense if you think that Disney will have a brutal earnings year in 2020:

1) Coronavirus will probably result in a steep revenue/earnings decline for the Disney parks, and it will likely also impact merchandise production due to the outbreak across Asia, especially in China.

2) Film/movie slate will have a steep revenue/earnings decline given the comparison to 2019's robust slate.

3) Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ will cost hundreds of millions, even billions, in excess of the revenue they produce for the next couple of years and that begins this year.

Disney's earnings will look bad compared to 2019 the next couple of quarters. Iger is getting out in front of that and letting Chapek ride that cycle...

Correct...all of it.
Sigh, I knew it was coming, but I hoped it wouldn't be this soon. Surprised that the DPEP replacement announcement didn't come with it (that is the one you really should care about). Unfortunately, I have heard Chapek's corporate culture described as a lot of things (rarely positive). The drive for quarter over quarter growth that made the division somewhat toxic. On the bright side. I'd figure that this will put someone with real experience in charge of Parks. We'll just have to hope that Chapek gets preoccupied by the media division like Iger did.

I would highly recommend that all shareholders decline to support confirmation of this appointment via withholding re-election of board members. There is a precedent.

Bob Iger was at least and experienced Hollywood exec that was an effective manager...but he was far less creative than Eisner.

This move leaves TWDC creatively void at the top on a level that doesn’t equate with longterm success.

This is was the dark clouds on the horizon of your $215 a point DVC contract at Caribbean

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

Magic Feather

This is weirdly good for Parks. I think everyone is seriously overlooking that. A CEO that came from Parks, and knows their profitability will give resources to Parks. A person that is really intense about quarter over quarter gains, and was bad operationally, is going to have less of an impact from higher up the corporate ladder. Plus, this gives the opportunity for someone with actual parks opportunity to fill into DPEP. As for who fills that role, Colglaizer and Potrock come to mind as people that seem to be in a good position to fill the role.

danv3

Sounds like Iger wants to work directly with Parks. Maybe he did realize Chap couldn't handle the 50th preparations. Maybe wishful thinking. Not like Iger has shown himself to get it either but anything is better than Chappers. Please sell you stock and send Disney a message this is not acceptable.

Iger is taking a creative role, which I understand to mean studios really, not parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom