News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

TrojanUSC

Josh did not come up through P&R. He held other exec positions then was given VP role at DAK to get more exposure, then he moved up in the parks and resorts division.

Granted he didn't start in a front-line role, but the bulk of his early career was still in WDP&R in Sales & Travel trade marketing, then a brief tenure in DCP before heading back to WDP&R at Adventures By Disney and eventually DAK.

EPCOT-O.G.

Relevant to these discussions:

Disney took a dive in an annual corporate reputation rakings by The Harris Poll / Axios. Dropped from 37 to 65, just behind Macy's and Wendy's, but scarcely ahead of EA (!).

bcoachable

As I hear about these rating drops - I am reminded that the reason I was hooked by the parks is that they set themselves apart (at one time) as being admired for the way they “did” things… I love it when things are “well done”. One of my all time greatest compliments as a coach is when I hear from an opposing coach (win or loose) “your team is well coached”. I felt Disney used to be “well coached”. It hurts to not be able to see that any longer….
- thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

Smiley/OCD

The biggest change is that Walt always wanted to “plus” things…make them better, enhance them.
NOW, TWDC still “pluses” things, but now it’s Genie PLUS, Magic Band PLUS, Lightning Lane PLUS…
How things have changed…remember a few years ago the biggest things we were arguing about was the new graphics on the buses?

JoeCamel

As I hear about these rating drops - I am reminded that the reason I was hooked by the parks is that they set themselves apart (at one time) as being admired for the way they “did” things… I love it when things are “well done”. One of my all time greatest compliments as a coach is when I hear from an opposing coach (win or loose) “your team is well coached”. I felt Disney used to be “well coached”. It hurts to not be able to see that any longer….
- thanks for attending my Ted Talk.
Bob said he is data driven. It's time for him to put up or admit he heard another exec say that and it sounded cool so he has no idea of what it means

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone should alert $lappie:

Sadly, the sheep will probably keep charging their Disney vacations to their credit cards and deal with the repercussions down the road.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They’re all trying to hold the gravy train together by the threads at this point

Lilofan

Sadly, the sheep will probably keep charging their Disney vacations to their credit cards and deal with the repercussions down the road.
Repercussions not for all. A senior who works out in my gym is in debt with loans for him to drive his dream car , vacations, and other spending. He told me he won’t live to see the day to pay off his debt. He’s enjoying life day to day.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What a coincidence - The BoD renewed $lappie's contract on June 28. On June 30, the board were all granted between 630-1050 stock options with a strike price of $95.24/share.

I know the timing is suspect, but they get stock grants at the end of every quarter, so no conspiracy theories here, just pointing out the timing of the annoucement.

Lilofan

What a coincidence - The BoD renewed $lappie's contract on June 28. On June 30, the board were all granted between 630-1050 stock options with a strike price of $95.24/share.

I know the timing is suspect, but they get stock grants at the end of every quarter, so no conspiracy theories here, just pointing out the timing of the annoucement.
The rich keep getting richer and know how to do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The markets are eating their way down the buffet before they hit the emergency exit door at the end.

They won’t repeat the 2008 mistake of staying in too long.

Watch it play.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The markets are eating their way down the buffet before they hit the emergency exit door at the end.

They won’t repeat the 2008 mistake of staying in too long.

Watch it play.
Monty Python GIF

CaptainAmerica

At least household consumer debt isn't tied to rising interest ra...

Oh...

Oh no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom