News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

mikejs78

Premium Member
If you're talking about the one from World War II, that's in the past. They have to end the political agenda or Disney will broke, which I know that will never happen.
No I'm talking about their involvement politics in the past 60 years. Nothing they are doing right now will cause them to go broke or anything close to it.

Disney has a number of other significant problems right now, but making a political statement isn't one of them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you're talking about the one from World War II, that's in the past. They have to end the political agenda or Disney will broke, which I know that will never happen.
How about when Walt was trying to get J Edgar Hoover to “root out the communists” in his studio in the 1930’s
Or when he testified to support McCarthys “red scare” after WW2?
Or when the SBC protested (to little notice) constantly about them not smiting homosexuals that paid their way to have fun in the parks in the 90’s or 00’s by tossing them out?

Boy…I wish those “a political” fun, wholesome (beat your wives and kids drunk and nobody said anything - “none of my business”) days were here again?

TsWade2

Well, I guess I haven't learned anything, so I'm deleting my posts. Oh well, I can't say I'm surprise, I mean, nobody will agree with me anyway.
No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, I guess I haven't learned anything, so I'm deleting my posts. Oh well, I can't say I'm surprise, I mean, nobody will agree with me anyway.
No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki
I just think it’s a very complicated issue. None of us are all wrong…none of us are all right.

My rub is the “Disney shouldn’t be political…it’s gonna hurt them” take.

Never was reality…never. Since Oswald the lucky rabbit was stolen. Not one day.

Everyone remember the reedy creek “thing”? Gone pretty quiet, hasn’t it? Any guess why?

JoeCamel

I just think it’s a very complicated issue. None of us are all wrong…none of us are all right.

My rub is the “Disney shouldn’t be political…it’s gonna hurt them” take.

Never was reality…never. Since Oswald the lucky rabbit was stolen. Not one day.

Everyone remember the reedy creek “thing”? Gone pretty quiet, hasn’t it? Any guess why?
Contract time is rolling around again isn't it? Get some local action from that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Contract time is rolling around again isn't it? Get some local action from that
Or the whole law to “protect the innocent children”…and the “response” to the Disneys evil response was 100% because it was in the news and donations were being made to coffers behind the scenes…a stunt for donations and nothing more.

Buzz dies…so does the crusade.

Tale as old as time

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Uh, look who's in charge of TWDC now...

He's still sorta right. Typically, in the past, there has always been kind of a strata, with the exception of the Chairman role, which was oddly used as a semi-temporary training ground for non-parks people (see: Jay Rasulo, Tom Staggs, Bob Chapek, etc), "parks people" were to stay in Parksland and were rarely moved over to the corporate or creative side of the company.

Josh is the first person to truly come up almost exclusively through WDP&R and make it to the Chairman level since Dick Nunis in the 90s. Also the first to take over larger corporate responsibilities (consumer products), in the history of the role.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He's still sorta right. Typically, in the past, there has always been kind of a strata, with the exception of the Chairman role, which was oddly used as a semi-temporary training ground for non-parks people (see: Jay Rasulo, Tom Staggs, Bob Chapek, etc), "parks people" were to stay in Parksland and were rarely moved over to the corporate or creative side of the company.

Josh is the first person to truly come up almost exclusively through WDP&R and make it to the Chairman level since Dick Nunis in the 90s. Also the first to take over larger corporate responsibilities (consumer products), in the history of the role.
“Josh” ain’t going anywhere…
Except to jump at the first big contract at another company. He’s not lined up to be in charge on the dwarf eye level floor.

Chapo goes and they all go…or Daniel or worse takes over the carcass down the line.

Lilofan

Josh did not come up through P&R. He held other exec positions then was given VP role at DAK to get more exposure, then he moved up in the parks and resorts division.

rk03221

Josh did not come up through P&R. He held other exec positions then was given VP role at DAK to get more exposure, then he moved up in the parks and resorts division.
I worked for Disney for a few years and my wife did as well in management. Josh isn’t who most think he is…I’ll just say those who really know him call him “Chapek jr.” That’s all I’ll say about that

Lilofan

Not much of a talent when the management ranks are far more dismal than they were in the late 90’s under Eisner and everyone clutched their pearls as “unacceptable!!”

You know…you can like Disney and still accept their flaws…true story.

Sell that stock too 😎
I’d venture the ones that knew Disney stock would be in a free fall would short their positions and make out with a hefty profit. An odd way of making money betting on a company to not succeed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d venture the ones that knew Disney stock would be in a free fall would short their positions and make out with a hefty profit. An odd way of making money betting on a company to not succeed.
Of course…the best way to make money is to play both sides so you can’t lose.

Also…the stock is in a “mini rally” this week…so The computers are making money…
The overall trajectory is consistent fall - likely through the end of the year at least - so the shorts will hedge and make money there too.

Winner, winner, caviar dinner!!

TsWade2

I’m having this funny feeling that a lot‘ve of those crazy people want Disney to go bankrupt which is very concerning.😢 I know they have their reasons and I know Disney won’t go bankrupt, but this is still very concerning for me. That’s all I’m going to say.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m having this funny feeling that a lot‘ve of those crazy people want Disney to go bankrupt which is very concerning.😢 I know they have their reasons and I know Disney won’t go bankrupt, but this is still very concerning for me. That’s all I’m going to say.
Easy, Sport…nobody is suggesting bankruptcy…it’s not really even feasible.

Decline due to management missteps that leads to new management and a change in philosophy???
…sign this cat up 👍🏻

TsWade2

Easy, Sport…nobody is suggesting bankruptcy…it’s not really even feasible.

Decline due to management missteps that leads to new management and a change in philosophy???
…sign this cat up 👍🏻
I know that and I know Disney management will change eventually, but sometimes people saying they want Disney to go broke gets under my skin sometimes. But I know Disney won’t go bankrupt.;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know that and I know Disney management will change eventually, but sometimes people saying they want Disney to go broke gets under my skin sometimes. But I know Disney won’t go bankrupt.;)
Disney getting more rich now emboldens them that what they’re doing is “right”…it is not. It’s also not really “our money” that they’re losing currently. Just bloated numbers on a computer screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom