News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Lilofan

It’s personal preference. At a place like Epcot for instance, if you don’t want to blow your money on overpriced table service or “drinking around the world”, it’s easy to feel like you’ve run out of things to do. At California Adventure, though not necessarily a better park, it’s hard to feel that way because you can simply walk across the street to Disneyland when you get bored.

The density benefit is real. I think everything is too far apart at WDW. Once upon a time, I do believe the sprawl would have lent itself nicely to a relaxing resort vacation. But if you’re someone who enjoys rides and attractions foremost, the logistics of getting around the resort due to modern crowd levels make it very difficult to embrace WDW.
I love Epcot especially being immersed in World Showcase . One former peer who visits WDW I worked with doesn't share the same interests in appreciating world culture, traveled to Italy for the first time. The remark she made when in Italy was " That's looks like Italy at Epcot!

UNCgolf

Never had the privilege… the downside of being a millennial born to parents who thought a vacation was the lake 30 miles from our house. And it wasn’t exactly Lake Tahoe.

Not only were the attractions generally longer (and better), most of the Future World pavilions had shows and/or other activities beyond the attraction itself -- there's still a little of this now, but it's minimal compared to what once existed. There was also Communicore/early Innoventions, which were both full of things to see/do.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Not only were the attractions generally longer (and better), most of the Future World pavilions had shows and/or other activities beyond the attraction itself -- there's still a little of this now, but it's minimal compared to what once existed. There was also Communicore/early Innoventions, which were both full of things to see/do.
They're bringing some of that back. There's a scavenger hunt in the Seas pavilion, for example. My family always has an unreasonable amount of fun playing Mission Space Race. Not sure if that's reopened yet.

Animaniac93-98

It’s personal preference. At a place like Epcot for instance, if you don’t want to blow your money on overpriced table service or “drinking around the world”, it’s easy to feel like you’ve run out of things to do. At California Adventure, though not necessarily a better park, it’s hard to feel that way because you can simply walk across the street to Disneyland when you get bored.

The density benefit is real. I think everything is too far apart at WDW. Once upon a time, I do believe the sprawl would have lent itself nicely to a relaxing resort vacation. But if you’re someone who enjoys rides and attractions foremost, the logistics of getting around the resort due to modern crowd levels make it very difficult to embrace WDW.

This is why I like Universal Orlando, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland.

All are walkable like Disneyland, but have more of the spread out/isolated resort feel as WDW for the most part.

Tokyo is bigger and has more hotels than Disneyland, but it too has zero buffer between it and the surrounding urban sprawl.

Smiley/OCD

That’s why there’s Six Flags and Cedar Point

el_super

I mean at what point do we stop blaming Bob(s) and start pointing the finger at "The Board". If they paid me 2mil a year to do whatever they wanted ya'll would hate my guts too.

Why not keep going and start blaming the shareholders? Or Wall Street? Or just every American Consumer.

The bigger problem here... is thinking there is a bigger problem that has to be solved.

Cliff

I have been saying this for a while now. The reason why Chapek's contract was renewed for three more years is because he is doing EXACTLY what the board is telling him to do.

For those angry at Chapek...dont be. Its Disney's board that you are "really" angry with. Chapek is just following their marching orders to him.

TsWade2

I have been saying this for a while now. The reason why Chapek's contract was renewed for three more years is because he is doing EXACTLY what the board is telling him to do.

For those angry at Chapek...dont be. Its Disney's board that you are "really" angry with. Chapek is just following their marching orders to him.
You mean it's not Bob Chapek's fault, it's the Board of the Directors? If so, then something must be done with those corrupted board! But how?

Lilofan

I mean at what point do we stop blaming Bob(s) and start pointing the finger at "The Board". If they paid me 2mil a year to do whatever they wanted ya'll would hate my guts too.
He's on track to make $20M per year which includes performance bonuses and options.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All corporate boards are stacked with stooges. You can’t separate the Bobs from it.

It’s not like the board has the ghosts of Walt Disney and Thomas Edison on it…it’s Facebook and sub shop cast offs for no apparent reason.

aladdin2007

agree. It use to take 2 full days to see and do everything within all of those pavilions and world showcase, they have massacred this park down to not even half that. Now for what is there you can hardly do anything unless you purchase genie and fight for a time slot and win the lottery.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Well they added a sesame land and a good solid new ride this year…and another headliner coming I believe?

Gee…and managed to “find the money” before, during and after the great plague 🙄
true,,,I still don't understand how sesame land fits into seaworld, have been scratching my head since it was announced. Its nice and all for a kid/family area...but what the heck does it have to do with oceans or wildlife etc...I would have rathered seem somethign really fitting,..but this belongs in the seaworld forum I guess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
true,,,I still don't understand how sesame land fits into seaworld, have been scratching my head since it was announced. Its nice and all for a kid/family area...but what the heck does it have to do with oceans or wildlife etc...I would have rathered seem somethign really fitting,..but this belongs in the seaworld forum I guess.
It doesn’t…

But sesame is a great theme park property…always has been…and Disney and Comcast have offered NOTHING Along those lines for quite sometime

J4546

When the orcas pass away I wonder what seaworld will replace them with. I'm hoping a massive dark ride boat ride like PotC but not pirates of course. Something based on whales hopefully

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom