News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Additional details on the contract -

"Chapek’s extended contract, which kicks in July 1, calls for him to be granted long-term annual stock awards of at least $20 million. Chapek’s annual base salary of $2.5 million is unchanged, according to contract details disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing."

That’s not really much of a contract…on the surface

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, I hope that Chapek can take this extension and all of the mistakes of the past 2-1/2 years to heart and learns from them.

I truly do wish him and the company success, as a fan and shareholder. I want it to be successful. I want Disney to do great things. But time will tell.

Perhaps a learning curve was necessary for Chapek. My hope is that they have been listening to constructive criticism and learning from their missteps.
Um no…none of that.

An extension doesn’t imply “you need to do better” in Wall Street terms

The oppo: it implies you can make things more what you want

Smiley/OCD

Or Disney could buy Warner Bros. Discovery next because in 2016, Disney tries to buy Warner Bros. but buying 20th Century Fox Studios instead.
Or let’s really dream big…Elon gets tired playing the Twitter dog and pony show, says the hell with it and puts together a group to buy TWDC…somehow I don’t think he would keep Chapek until 2025…

CaptinEO

Anyone who thinks Chapek is the problem is delusional. The whole Walt Disney Company culture has been the problem since the mid to late 90s.

He is no different than the other people in the company. The way of thinking is the same.

Cost cutting, advertisement based attractions, and bad movies have been a problem for a long time now. Chapek's following the trend the company has overwhelmingly been following for 25 years now.

The fact that people think he's the core of every issue thats been happening with the parks and company is like wearing blinders. He's just part of the problem.

You can replace Chapek with any other manager in the company and get similar results.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Anyone who thinks Chapek is the problem is delusional. The whole Walt Disney Company culture has been the problem since the mid to late 90s.

He is no different than the other people in the company. The way of thinking is the same.

Cost cutting, advertisement based attractions, and bad movies have been a problem for a long time now. Chapek's following the trend the company has overwhelmingly been following for 25 years now.

The fact that people think he's the core of every issue thats been happening with the parks and company is like wearing blinders. He's just part of the problem.

You can replace Chapek with any other manager in the company and get similar results.
I agree with you…

But it really accelerated with the Bobs

The world has changed…but you need to have creatives near or at the top and they haven’t for 18 years. No matter how nuts someone goes…I’ll take a creative nut anytime.

Vegas Disney Fan

I agree with you…

But it really accelerated with the Bobs

The world has changed…but you need to have creatives near or at the top and they haven’t for 18 years. No matter how nuts someone goes…I’ll take a creative nut anytime.

It’s gone into overdrive with Chapek though, Iger didn’t invest as much into the parks as he should have but Chapek seems to have decided he’s not going to invest a penny into the parks (I don’t think he’s announced a single project yet, or even the return of cancelled projects) and instead his sole focus is taking away former benefits and squeezing every penny out of the guests he possibly can.

I’d rate Eisner/Wells a 8 out of 10, Iger a 6 out of 10, and Chapek a 3 out of 10. Neither Bob has been great but one has been much much worse.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s gone into overdrive with Chapek though, Iger didn’t invest as much into the parks as he should have but Chapek seems to have decided he’s not going to invest a penny into the parks (I don’t think he’s announced a single project yet, or even the return of cancelled projects) and instead his sole focus is taking away former benefits and squeezing every penny out of the guests he possibly can.

I’d rate Eisner/Wells a 8 out of 10, Iger a 6 out of 10, and Chapek a 3 out of 10. Neither Bob has been great but one has been much much worse.
No argument from me

None

WDWFanRay

The problem goes back much later than the 90s. In the 70’s and 80’s after Walt died, his daughter Diane Miller Disney’s husband Ron took over and was running Disneyland into the ground. They were even considering closing a day or two per week. Direction and vision wise, it’s really been on a downward track since Walt died.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom