News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

el_super

He’s using the parks short term revenue boost and the studios good name to boost up the Disney+

It's possible, but until there is any real measurable downside to doing so, this can't be counted as a strike against him. His job is to secure the long term success of the entire company, and propping up streaming is seen as the path toward that success.

Robbiem

I also wouldn't expect anyone on the BOD to make a public statement indicating a lack of confidence in Chapek in advance of any potential ouster, especially at a time of rampant market volatility.

I'm not necessarily saying that he's sure to be canned, just that this statement doesn't change my mind about the situation.

Well you have to be 100% behind somebody to stab them in the back!

Slpy3270

Hmmm....if this is true you have wonder if that statement from the board was intentional and that they had a hand in Rice's dismissal.

Attachments

• 20220609_201300.jpg
    20220609_201300.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t know which is more troubling as a parks fan, that every change Chapek has made has been bad for guests or that the board fully supports that?

Sounds like even if Chapek goes the board will continue on this disastrous path, I guess I’m becoming an old timer because I’m starting to think the Disney parks that turned me into a superfan are gone and never coming back.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know which is more troubling as a parks fan, that every change Chapek has made has been bad for guests or that the board fully supports that?

Sounds like even if Chapek goes the board will continue on this disastrous path, I guess I’m becoming an old timer because I’m starting to think the Disney parks that turned me into a superfan are gone and never coming back.
Are you sure that’s exactly what’s going on here?

The stock is still “down” 50%….and this guy isn’t liked by anyone on a “probationary” contract

Last edited:

Rhinocerous

Premium Member

Read that last sentence. You have to wonder if Chapek made that same conclusion.

I don’t know a thing about Rice, beyond what I’ve read today. That being said, I would consider taking the “extra layer” thing at face value. Speaking as an employee of a company recently acquired by Mr. Zaslov, this very much aligns with his management style. It’s something he’s been fairly public about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. Seriously. He's been in the role for two years now, he's built relationships and worked to understand the business. He has experience as CEO no one else has right now, for parks and the studio both. Who out there could say the same?

Probably also an aspect in the board supporting him: they can't find anyone else qualified for the position. It's most likely the reason he got the CEO spot in the first place.

Replacing him might mean having to endure another shaky transition period, and that might be less desirable to the board.
He’s a joke right now on Wall Street and an enemy to damn near all of Hollywood.

Are you talking about the same guy?
“Mr experience”?

His “not shaky” transition period is an $87 a share stock drop when the rest mostly roared…

Can I offer you some Hi-C instead of the Koolaid?

el_super

His “not shaky” transition period is an $87 a share stock drop when the rest mostly roared…

If you're going to focus on the stock price, are you going to give him credit for the 5 year high he achieved in march of 2020? There wouldn't be such a huge drop if he hadn't achieved so much...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom