News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sundown

I have the solution to Chapek's public image issues (Disney, are you paying attention?). Provided he actually digs into these issues, comes up with good solutions & personally backs them fully of course.

Use Twitter. If Chapek doesn't have his own account through Disney, make one. It will take only three posts, each a done a week apart from the other

1.) Post a photo of dollar sign "$" in a circle with the line through it (the "no" symbol) over a photo of Magic Kingdom's Cinderella's Castle. And accompany it with the simple words "I hear you"

2.) Post a photo image that contains the movie logos of Star Wars A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Rogue 1 and The Mandalorian. And accompany this also with the simple words "I hear you"

3.) Post a photo of the Yeti in Everest. Accompany this image with the simple words "I hear you"

Image issue solved. Pay me Disney.

TikibirdLand

I have the solution to Chapek's public image issues (Disney, are you paying attention?). Provided he actually digs into these issues, comes up with good solutions & personally backs them fully of course.

Use Twitter. If Chapek doesn't have his own account through Disney, make one. It will take only three posts, each a done a week apart from the other

1.) Post a photo of dollar sign "$" in a circle with the line through it (the "no" symbol) over a photo of Magic Kingdom's Cinderella's Castle. And accompany it with the simple words "I hear you"

2.) Post a photo image that contains the movie logos of Star Wars A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Rogue 1 and The Mandalorian. And accompany this also with the simple words "I hear you"

3.) Post a photo of the Yeti in Everest. Accompany this image with the simple words "I hear you"

Image issue solved. Pay me Disney.
I'm guessing the next step is:
4) Ignore all the initiatives hinted by 1, 2 and 3.

SorcererDonald16

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top.

That "smile" looks like it's hurting him.

His suit's even the right color ;) :

EDIT: for those not interested in a very long article:

Gists of the article is Bob's a real boy - a real creative boy who's proven his creativity and love for Disney and his customers from his time with the parks. He's just not Hollywood and is misunderstood. 🙄

View attachment 606587
Not even dubbing James Earl Jones’ iconic voice over Chappie’s would make me want to listen to anything this man has to say. Add Josh to that list too. In some ways, he’s worse because he pretends to be different than Chappie and he’s not. Maybe he would like to be, but in practice he is no different other than better schmoozing skills, IMO.

The mark of a good leader (among other things) is someone who understands their strengths and more importantly their shortcomings. They rely on people smarter or more creative than them when they don’t have the answers, and adapt quickly when changes are needed. Add in being a decent enough human that a majority of people who know you professionally or as a consumer of your company’s offerings respect you, even if they disagree with you and some of your decisions. He’s been a failure in just about all aspects over the years, and no puff pieces will change that. He continuously shows a tendency to double down on stupidity and arrogance because he genuinely believes he is smarter than the average bear. :rolleyes:

One of these days, it will all come back to haunt him and the company big time. They can only skate on Walt’s name and “the brand” for so long. Hopefully the masses say “enough!” before too much irreparable harm is done to the Parks especially. :(

HM Spectre

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top.

That "smile" looks like it's hurting him.

His suit's even the right color ;) :

EDIT: for those not interested in a very long article:

Gists of the article is Bob's a real boy - a real creative boy who's proven his creativity and love for Disney and his customers from his time with the parks. He's just not Hollywood and is misunderstood. 🙄

View attachment 606587

Classic. When you’re getting a ton of negative feedback for your cost cutting to the point where you dodge D23 because you’re afraid of getting booed… instead of being introspective and thinking about the mistakes you’re making to drive that reaction, put out a puff piece to show the people that THEY’RE the ones who are wrong about YOU.

Actions speak louder than words, Bob. Your actions up to this point tell a very different story than this puff piece.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Let's not forget to not be hypocritical because it seems everyone here hates the current imagineering crew and should be cheering at their decimation.
Is it not somewhat warranted? There's no denying that today's Imagineering is a shell of it's former self. It's certainly not in the same standing it was many moons ago. Now it's just a marketing device. There's still a few bits of actual creativity left but it's few and far between. It's not like they've given us much to be impressed about. Unless of course you're satsified with the reimaginings and new attractions that have been churned out in the last decade or so. I'm not. But YMMV.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom