News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Brer Oswald

Technically, almost every purchase of Iger has given Disney a ton of money. Marvel for example.
That they destroyed afterwards its another thing..
I was moreso referring to park spending than studio acquisitions. It's much harder to measure how much money and even attendence they get off of additions to the park. However, you can look at things like capacity. Is the ride an addition to the park (adding capacity) and does it move more or less people through the lines in an hour than other popular rides. Stuff like Pixar Pier, Toy Story Land, and even Rise of the Resistance fail in this category. Even stuff like Mickey, which has a notably high capacity for a new attraction, still kinda flops because it replaced an already popular high capacity attraction.

The net gain in attraction capacity is low for the amount they spend. This translates to higher prices and lower guest satisfaction during the Iger era.

John park hopper

I'm no economist by any means but it seems to me at on time companies had pensions and many people didn't get involved with the stock market. With the demise of pensions people are now forced to invest in the stock market for their retirement driving up the prices of stocks. Are these companies really worth their high prices or have they been artificially driven up because people have no other place to invest--banks surely are not paying any interest these days

Touchdown

I pointed this out in another thread but Chapek is not doing a good job from a stock standpoint either here is Disney stock vs S&P 500 YTD:

2934A0A0-C955-41EC-87D6-5FBFD213E90A.jpeg
E710DD67-A633-4C37-870C-B20EBAC86D71.jpeg

This is what’s going to make his seat hot, he is going to need to turn things around soon. The parks are getting squeezed to make up for other failing divisions. A company cannot continue to lose stock owners money for long.

Stripes

I pointed this out in another thread but Chapek is not doing a good job from a stock standpoint either here is Disney stock vs S&P 500 YTD:

View attachment 604871View attachment 604872
This is what’s going to make his seat hot, he is going to need to turn things around soon. The parks are getting squeezed to make up for other failing divisions. A company cannot continue to lose stock owners money for long.
How does Disney’s performance compare to their competitors in the entertainment industry? Comcast, Discovery, ViacomCBS, Netflix, etc.

I’m not asking this to defend Chapek. Trust me. I want him gone. And I honestly don’t know how Comcast and Discovery are doing. But I think Chapek’s performance will be put in the context of competitors in the same industry as opposed to the entire S&P 500.

Chip Chipperson

I'm no economist by any means but it seems to me at on time companies had pensions and many people didn't get involved with the stock market. With the demise of pensions people are now forced to invest in the stock market for their retirement driving up the prices of stocks. Are these companies really worth their high prices or have they been artificially driven up because people have no other place to invest--banks surely are not paying any interest these days

Pensions tend to be invested in the stock market anyway because it historically offers the best bang for your buck - it's just a matter of who is putting the money in and how much they're willing to invest.

Lilofan

Pensions tend to be invested in the stock market anyway because it historically offers the best bang for your buck - it's just a matter of who is putting the money in and how much they're willing to invest.
Companies needed to reduce costs and transfer risk to staff instead of risking company money.

Jrb1979

View attachment 604871View attachment 604872
Compare it to FUN and it doesn't look good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom