News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Phicinfan

From the article:
Susan Arnold, a veteran of consumer-products giant Procter & Gamble as well as the Carlyle Group investment firm, will take the reins as chairman of Walt Disney Co.’s board of directors, succeeding Bob Iger in the role when he departs on December 31.

The transition will mark the end of an era for the big entertainment company, which will not have Iger in a senior operating role for the first time since 1996.

In a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Disney said Iger informed its board Wednesday that he intended to step down as chairman of the board at the same time he left his role as executive chairman at the end of the year.
So it is a bit ambiguous, and he may still have some part on the board.

Brer Oswald

Dec 31 2021
1638475394947.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Article says he is fully retiring, will go back and double check though

From the article:

So it is a bit ambiguous, and he may still have some part on the board.
It would be very unusual for an ex ceo to stay on the board in this manner…
…but it’s also unusual for the ex ceo to leak through is outlets that he thinks the new guy isn’t doing the job correctly and the writing is on the wall there.

also…Iger appointed the whole board…it’s not like he didn’t pick them. Jobs was the wildcard and he died 10 years ago…
…so does it matter if Bob is “in the room” or not?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still find it odd the man who invested more money into the parks than any previous CEO (Iger) is so unpopular on a Disney parks fan site. Especially considering his replacement seems to be a tightwad cutting costs wherever possible.
adjusted for inflation…changes the outlook a little. Not even covering just how much more capital Disney had to work with.

I love cherries 🍒
Because he didn't make the changes that the people here thought he should.
The customer is usually right.
All I know is that it seems many fans are looking at what they’re getting/doing for their money and not loving the direction.

Check the PML discussions if you don’t believe a grump like me 😎

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
adjusted for inflation…changes the outlook a little. Not even covering just how much more capital Disney had to work with.

I love cherries 🍒

The customer is usually right.
All I know is that it seems many fans are looking at what they’re getting/doing for their money and not loving the direction.

Check the PML discussions if you don’t believe a grump like me 😎
I'm not saying that I like everything he's done. I'm talking about the armchair quarterbacks on these boards that think they know more about running the company than he did.

Lilofan

I still find it odd the man who invested more money into the parks than any previous CEO (Iger) is so unpopular on a Disney parks fan site. Especially considering his replacement seems to be a tightwad cutting costs wherever possible.
Chapek slicing and dicing is what got him noticed and helped him move up the food chain.

Brer Oswald

There is such thing as a "poor use of money". I can spend thousands on furniture and appliances, but that doesn't matter much if I didn't spend the money for a house to put it in.

lazyboy97o

First he tried to sell off the parks.

A lot of that spending was demanded by outside parties.

The amount spent also isn’t a good thing. Under Iger costs have spiraled completely out of control. Even adjusting for inflation, what bought a “non-descript roller coaster themed like India or whatever” now can’t even buy Pixar Pier. Spending Ferrari money on a Camry isn’t a good thing, it’s a dumb thing.

Indy_UK

While prices rose under Iger, he was smart enough to know not to push them like they have done recently. Chapek took the late investment into WDW and ran with it.

it’s a shame Iger went with Shanghai Disneyland rather than further investment in the existing parks but hey, he wanted something that was ‘his’

lazyboy97o

While prices rose under Iger, he was smart enough to know not to push them like they have done recently. Chapek took the late investment into WDW and ran with it.

it’s a shame Iger went with Shanghai Disneyland rather than further investment in the existing parks but hey, he wanted something that was ‘his’
That $3 billion was never going to be spent on the parks, especially when he was trying to offload them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not saying that I like everything he's done. I'm talking about the armchair quarterbacks on these boards that think they know more about running the company than he did.
They don’t know about running a huge business

but it doesn’t take Wharton to read their own press releases and compare year over year their policy changes and prices.

the Internet is a useful - but dangerous tool 👍🏻

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom