News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

World_Showcase_Lover007

Iger didn’t when Eisner left in 2005. Plus many of Disney’s institutional investors have long argued Chairman and CEO should not be the same person.

It’s easy to see why Disney investors feel this way after Eisner’s brash behavior and dominance in the boardroom. But I think k it goes way beyond Disney. I think there are very strong arguments in the business world in-general for why the CEO should not be allowed to take on the role of Chairman of the Board. It’s a compete conflict of interest. The CEO shouldn’t even have a seat on the board much less be the chairman.

brb1006

I think you hit the nail on the head. I really think some folks think getting rid of both Bob's will magically cause everything to revert back to 198__ fill in the blank. Like the last scene of beauty and the Beast where the castle morphed.
The parks as they are now are going to remain that way for a while. At best it may stop the bleeding but that's all.
That and we don't want another situation like this lady wearing a Josh D'Amaro on the first day of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary.
FAnXRoOXIAEuf0m.jpg
FAnXR3dXoAIxzYj.jpg
FAnXx7NXIA8IBkP.jpg

Let's hope we don't have to see another moment like this with Susan Arnold and a Disney Vlogger/Lifestyler wearing a shirt like that in the future.

This thread from last Fall was the turning point for users beginning to lose trust in Josh.

BTW: After rereading the thread, I just remembered that this short briefly had a politics sub-forum before getting removed in early 2021.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Here's a link to the Variety report -

She’s a P&G careerist.

P&G drills into their people several positive things that are the opposite of how most big companies think:
  • The consumer experience with the product is the most important thing.
  • You can and should cut costs if you can, but *never* at the expense of the consumer experience.
  • The product has to be great. Good is not good enough it has to be worthy of charging a lot more for.
These all sound like things The Walt Disney Company used to believe too. Here’s hoping she instills that.

If she is still a P&G person at heart, she’d be a fascinating check for Chapek, and a shrewd choice by Iger to backfill himself.

I’m taking this as a positive development.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Iger didn’t when Eisner left in 2005. Plus many of Disney’s institutional investors have long argued Chairman and CEO should not be the same person.
Iger’s Chairman was George Mitchell who was twice retired at that point and seemed to want to let Iger lead. We’ll see if Arnold is as passive. She may not be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…the press release where she and Iger whisper “sweet nothings” into each other’s ears through the Hollywood reporter is interesting…and kinda funny as well.

the chairman of the board is replaced at one of the huge entertainment conglomerates and nothing is said about the yutz ceo? Not even a throwaway quote?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She’s a P&G careerist.

P&G drills into their people several positive things that are the opposite of how most big companies think:
  • The consumer experience with the product is the most important thing.
  • You can and should cut costs if you can, but *never* at the expense of the consumer experience.
  • The product has to be great. Good is not good enough it has to be worthy of charging a lot more for.
These all sound like things The Walt Disney Company used to believe too. Here’s hoping she instills that.

If she is still a P&G person at heart, she’d be a fascinating check for Chapek, and a shrewd choice by Iger to backfill himself.

I’m taking this as a positive development.
Crap aside…Iger picked her…I doubt without an agenda…

let’s see how it plays?
Iger’s Chairman was George Mitchell who was twice retired at that point and seemed to want to let Iger lead. We’ll see if Arnold is as passive. She may not be.
Mitchell had lead the Israelites to the sea and back by the time he was chairman…he wasn’t looking to “get his hands dirty”

and people forget: Roy was still around.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The man isn't exactly CEO material. Definitely not Chairman material.
Very little doubt. And now Iger is messing with him though his channels. Eisner went away…I’ll remind…and he was “Satan”.
I know the fans are unhappy with Chapek, but is there evidence that any board members shares some of those same opinions?
Stock was fine…there is never any blowback until the grumpy investor batphone rings
No real evidence, no. BUT...that Iger (I think?) picked her and the comments he made about her that seem more like something you'd say about a CEO than a Chairman of the Board says a lot, IMO.
Exactly…Iger is drowning in his regrets (as much and a billionaire can) and is trying to undo his bad moves…I hope chappie is tied to his neck forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom