News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

TsWade2

Okay guys, before we jump to conclusions and criticizing any executives, let's give Susan Arnold a chance. And, who knows, she might control Bob Chapek since a lot of you guys don't like him either it's fairly and unfairly. So let's give her a chance before we judge. Thank you.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Okay guys, before we jump to conclusions and criticizing any executives, let's give Susan Arnold a chance. And, who knows, she might control Bob Chapek since a lot of you guys don't like him either it's fairly and unfairly. So let's give her a chance before we judge. Thank you.

I'm rooting for Susan Arnold as she's very well qualified, has been part of the board for a while and has business experience outside of the Disney group think .

JoeCamel

I'm rooting for Susan Arnold as she's very well qualified, has been part of the board for a while and has business experience outside of the Disney group think .
I doubt she will be a puppeteer in the role. More like a facilitator that looks out for the stock price, dividends, buybacks and overall division reports. Not like she can say "Put Toad back in the MK!" and have it happen. It's not a dictatorship, she still only has one vote but does have some influence.

Last edited:

brb1006

Chicken_Little.gif

After some of us got a bit optimistic when Josh D'amaro became the new chairman of Disney Parks (taking over Chapek's place) last Summer. I strongly suggest to keep our expectations in check, because one day some of us might suddenly turn against her like a lot of us begun doing in late 2020 and 2021 with Josh.

Last edited:

Lilofan

To be honest, I find this kind of offensive, even though I know you didn't intend it.

It diminishes what she's accomplished to deserve being given the role of Chairman of the Board.
I get with what you mean but TWDC is very serious in these initiatives in moving the company forward and it shows in their recruitment and exec make up and more diverse offerings than ever before. This is all good. If one finds that offensive then I don't share that opinion.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

I was super excited for about 2 seconds. I thought it said Bob Chapek was being replaced. Then after I read it again, I realized it was Iger being replaced. I hope she can turn things around. Time will tell.

TsWade2

6d29f84d-3f7c-4d87-8783-53bc1ddb5ea4_text.gif

After some of us got a bit optimistic when Josh D'amaro became the new chairman of Disney Parks (taking over Chapek's place) last Summer. I strongly suggest to keep out expectations in check, because one day some of us might suddenly turn against her like a lot of us begun doing in late 2020 and 2021 with Josh.
Miss Piggy Whatever GIF by Sky

eliza61nyc

6d29f84d-3f7c-4d87-8783-53bc1ddb5ea4_text.gif

After some of us got a bit optimistic when Josh D'amaro became the new chairman of Disney Parks (taking over Chapek's place) last Summer. I strongly suggest to keep out expectations in check, because one day some of us might suddenly turn against her like a lot of us begun doing in late 2020 and 2021 with Josh.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I really think some folks think getting rid of both Bob's will magically cause everything to revert back to 198__ fill in the blank. Like the last scene of beauty and the Beast where the castle morphed.
The parks as they are now are going to remain that way for a while. At best it may stop the bleeding but that's all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom