News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

SpoiledBlueMilk

My daughter sent me this, so I make no claims about its veracity. I just thought it was an interesting share. View attachment 604122
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are certain things that need to happen with a public company like a change in SEC filings that would tip-off a CEO change than an anonymous posting. It's not like switching managers at your local DQ. Plus it would have leaked in Deadline or Variety first.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just a reminder that for the money Disney has spent on trying to avoid adding capacity they could have added at least 30 Non-Descript Coasters Themed Like India or Whatever to Walt Disney World.
Waitasec... then how would I have been able to order churros online?!?!

Chip Chipperson

My daughter sent me this, so I make no claims about its veracity. I just thought it was an interesting share. View attachment 604122

I think that was written by the same Nigerian prince who offered to let me share the $100 million he's trying to send to the U.S. Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about him. Forget I mentioned anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fact that he wasn't named Chairman and CEO must be humiliating to him.

I was thinking the same thing. And Iger's comments about Susan's "guidance and leadership" sure seems like a dig at Chapek, as that's something you'd usually say about a CEO.
Well…I guess he plans on waiting a couple of years before installing himself like Imperator as Eisner and Iger did is the “smallest” of victories?

Cliff

I'm guessing that the 70billion cost of Fox combined with the COVID collapse of the parks/cruise/movie industry has put Disney is a desperate financial situation. I had read that during this time, Disney had taken out multiple (huge) loans to get cash to hold on.

I think that the share holders will direct Chapek to cut their costs for the next 10 years to recover and get out of debt. As much as I hate cost cutting....it might be the only way they can survive and get out of the deep hole they are in today?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm guessing that the 70billion cost of Fox combined with the COVID collapse of the parks/cruise/movie industry has put Disney is a desperate financial situation. I had read that during this time, Disney had taken out multiple (huge) loans to get cash to hold on.

I think that the share holders will direct Chapek to cut their costs for the next 10 years to recover and get out of debt. As much as I hate cost cutting....it might be the only way they can survive and get out of the deep hole they are in today?
That doesn’t appear to be the narrative as far as finances goes…
…but I 100% agree on the “cost cutting” take. A decade of little spending and much price increases - at least in parks.

but you can’t put a price on “magic”…of course

JoeCamel

They secured a line of credit to be sure they had sufficient capital to keep operating for a couple of years. They didn't use it for the most part and had enough cash on hand and coming in to get through. The company is not deep in debt.
It's future may be a bit up in the air though if investments don't pay out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom